Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Phroz STA-1M, ST-M, TL-1

Nice Phrozin, I take it the arm has come good now? Have you had any issues with strength or range of motion when you sprayed?
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

sort of had the dreaded injection in the shoulder a month ago doc said its taking a bit longer to heal as being in wheelchair makes it a bit more complicated and seen my surgeon yesterday got to have a double dose of steroids next week but its good enough to get back to my guitars. just going to take a bit longer to sand them no biggy

Well good to hear you're on the mend and back into it mate, shoulders are never easy. Hanging out to see how the LP turns out!
    FrankenLab

just a bit off progress the les paul has been giving me nightmares as had to repaint twice as 1st got it finished and i stuck me thumb on it and made a hell of a mess on soft paint 2nd i knocked it on my wheelchair trying to hang it up to dry and put a dent in it

so far i have 3 coats of silver followed by 2 coats of clear to protect the silver then the blue and so far only 1 coat of clear but still lots to do before its finished and if i am not 100% happy with it i may do it again, i have had a few issues to fix but gives the general idea of the way i am heading still haft to paint front of headstock black before i shoot the clear

my next guitar i am going to do it in 2k

That Blue on the Silver looks awesome.... (as do all of your builds in this thread)...

Me thinks that a lifetime of well earned skills has prep'd you well there Phrozin to get almost any finish you want..... and I suppose much of it is knowing when one stage (or coat) is ready and it is time to progress onto the next... plus there is (what I don't have) having the patience to wait.

6. Liked by: OliSam

Oh yummmy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	130 
Size:	475.0 KB 
ID:	20175
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Quote Originally Posted by phrozin View Post
    just a bit off progress the les paul has been giving me nightmares as had to repaint twice as 1st got it finished and i stuck me thumb on it and made a hell of a mess on soft paint 2nd i knocked it on my wheelchair trying to hang it up to dry and put a dent in it

so far i have 3 coats of silver followed by 2 coats of clear to protect the silver then the blue and so far only 1 coat of clear but still lots to do before its finished and if i am not 100% happy with it i may do it again, i have had a few issues to fix but gives the general idea of the way i am heading still haft to paint front of headstock black before i shoot the clear

my next guitar i am going to do it in 2k

I'm mindful of the fact that you are not happy with a paint effect most of us (I assume) would kill to get. That is the sign of a true artisan, a craftsman. Im gobsmacked now, but you believe you can do it better, I cannot wait to see what you do with it!
    FrankenLab

thanx guys Marcel i can stuff them up as good as anyone,

Frank it comes from painting they look great to every one but you know where every blemish is and it bugs me so bad i just got to fix it before i sign off on them, this one has been the most annoying i have done the colors do work well together would have liked the blue more translucent than it is probably should have done a 50/50 blend color to clear but its a nice blue i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by phrozin View Post
    thanx guys Marcel i can stuff them up as good as anyone,

Frank it comes from painting they look great to every one but you know where every blemish is and it bugs me so bad i just got to fix it before i sign off on them, this one has been the most annoying i have done the colors do work well together would have liked the blue more translucent than it is probably should have done a 50/50 blend color to clear but its a nice blue i guess.
    You know in minds eye, I can imagine what you were shooting for and that effect would be saturated in awesomeness. I still like what you've done, and I adore the blue.
    FrankenLab

Cheers Frank thats a lot of gravy there careful my head will swell, have put a new one on the to do list an acoustic i am not a acoustic guy as only ever owned 1 an ibanez elec acoustic i had 20 year ago i had it 3 day and swapped it to my bro for an epie les paul anniversary custom the one with the les paul pictures on the back and in the paint sounded crap and sold it a week later for a strat, well figured id give one a go its nothing special just a ashton dm25 i swapped one of my electric i did, i have so far fitted a fishman pup got new nut and bridge and decent machine heads. The front had darkened so have done some test sanding which will sort that out and going to do a killer natural look ( but that could change between now and shoot time) but will be stain based.

so got a strat im waiting on some parts and paint to fully harden to do final polish, the silver and blue les paul which i started to repaint again as have redone silver and ill lay down 2 coats of clear then the blue and final clear coats and hope i get it right and the acoustic will be a full sand back and go from there, would like to do an sg as im a huge ACDC fan and i get my love of strats from David Gilmore and Eric Clapton

here is what im starting with

heres the clear is showing is age as removed the scratch plate

heres a bit of a test sand

will redo the neck and headstock

Last edited by phrozin; 28-06-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast