Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anybody building a new PC DAW System

Is there a link someone can put up for Reaper or any other half decent DAW software?

Overlord of Music
    https://www.reaper.fm/download.php
    Reaper

http://www.audacityteam.org/download/
    Audacity is worth looking at too. Open source.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Definitely look into purchasing a $60.00 license for Reaper, I purchased one and it's been great so far, Reaper was created by some ex ProTools guys.

The videos on Reaper looks pretty awesome... Only hiccup I have is its not Linux based (Audacity is good, but not good enough) so I had to go out and buy a cheap new windoze based PC so that I could even try it for myself. Hopefully in a few days I'll be able to post some half decently produced audio clips...

As a side note. Has anyone any news on Soundcloud? Rumour on Facebook has it that the investors are likely to pull out thus causing it to possibly shut down or go off-line. Be a real buggar if it were true...

There should have been a decision made yesterday. Haven't heard any news about it yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    The videos on Reaper looks pretty awesome... Only hiccup I have is its not Linux based (Audacity is good, but not good enough) so I had to go out and buy a cheap new windoze based PC so that I could even try it for myself. Hopefully in a few days I'll be able to post some half decently produced audio clips...

As a side note. Has anyone any news on Soundcloud? Rumour on Facebook has it that the investors are likely to pull out thus causing it to possibly shut down or go off-line. Be a real buggar if it were true...
    Reaper apparently loves WINE so Linux users rejoice, I have a Linux box but not tried it yet.

I believe that Soundcloud will continue with a slightly different business model
    Last edited by dave.king1; 13-08-2017 at 05:56 AM.

Spent most of today on the receiving end of that brutal reminder as why I have such a disdain for Windoze....

Brand new HP i5 PC..... over 5 hours from powerup to first login.... I should send a $1M invoice to Microsoft for spoiling my Sunday....

Latest x64 bit version of Reaper installed in under 5 minutes !!!!
    ASIO Driver for my audio device took maybe 3 minutes.

From clicking "install" on Reaper to having a half dozen test recordings with Efx probably came in at just under 30 minutes....

Learning all the details of Reaper.... Ummmm....

Reaper is a lot more complex than it's given credit for, I've been using it for quite a few years so if you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer what I can

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    Reaper is a lot more complex than it's given credit for, I've been using it for quite a few years so if you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer what I can
    Dave, when i added a drum mp3 into reaper, it sounds crappy compared to just playin via media player, any idea why?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast