Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuff Dog Tele

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    Nope to Andy, Tony asked me to PM on his behalf after the meltdown I was in the process of having the Blackguard pups and a P 90 wound at the time
    Ahhh right. Nah I didn't have Tony wind any. He just sourced some Alnico 5's for the Humbuckers in the double neck and guided me through the process.
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

The pearloid tuning heads turned up and the fit the PB tuners nicely except they are silver pearloid rather than white so another set have been ordered.

The first set were described as white but the ones in the pic were silver so I figured it was just indicative of what they looked like rather than exactly what they looked like.

The current order says they are white and so does the pic so fingers crossed this time

What a bummer - after the wrong pickup issue, another wrong order is just double the pain. Of course you know what that say: two wrongs make a right, so plain sailing from here on in!!
    Completed Builds: #1 TL-1 "Telemaster" (GOTM Oct 2016); #2 The "Maplecaster" scratch build; #3 JB-4 "Bass IV" (co-winner GOTM Jan 2017); #4 ST-1M "Surfcaster" (GOTM Apr 2017), #5 JZA-1 "EC Deluxe"

In Progress:
    Build #6 N1R "Semi-scratch" build
    Build #7 JZA-1 Baritone

The Cavan Project
    The Magnificent Compaņeros

4. Liked by: dave.king1

Yeah a bit like that Chuck, the pickup one was definitely no fault of PBG the packaging was correct but from the factory it had the wrong pups.

The upside is that it slows progress which is currently non existent so I don't feel bad about being slack

6. Liked by: Chuck

Nothing to report except that No.1 son is clearing his crap in the garage which will enable access to the drill press so I can set the neck and bridge in place and drill through the body for the strings and ferrules.

This has nothing to do with doing the right thing he destroyed the torque converter in his Datto at Summernats and needs to clean up so he has room to work on it

Also still waiting for the 2nd set of pearloid tuner buttons to turn up from China, the first set were silver rather than white pearloid and if these ones aren't right I'll stick with the stock gold buttons

Well the 2nd set of pearloid buttons turned up unlike the first they are the same shape as the PB metal ones but like the first ones they are silver / grey pearloid rather than the advertised white pearloid.

Less than $5 down the toilet so no great harm done but I'm not going to the same well to try again

I'll build with the stock gold tuners which really do look great and worry about finding the correct white pearloid ones later on

Hey DK, did your #1 son enter the burnout comp at Summernats ? I've seen a few small Datto's with blown V8's sticking out the bonnet. Have you got any photo's of his car please?

Bummer about the tuners from China, often the information or photos are different to the product they send out and you usually have to wait 2-4 weeks for it to arrive !
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Quote Originally Posted by wokkaboy View Post
    Hey DK, did your #1 son enter the burnout comp at Summernats ? I've seen a few small Datto's with blown V8's sticking out the bonnet. Have you got any photo's of his car please?

Bummer about the tuners from China, often the information or photos are different to the product they send out and you usually have to wait 2-4 weeks for it to arrive !
    G'day Woks,

No he didn't enter the burnout comp the torque converter broke just after scruitineering before the event started, he's pulling it out as I type.

Here's a pic of the rat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3251693.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	165.0 KB 
ID:	17446

cool ok cheers DK, that's terrible timing for the TC to break ! Tidy looking ute !

what sort of power plant is under the hood ?
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Quote Originally Posted by wokkaboy View Post
    cool ok cheers DK, that's terrible timing for the TC to break ! Tidy looking ute !

what sort of power plant is under the hood ?
    CA18DET making 500rwhp at 35 lbs of boost, will make over 600 at 50 lbs, a lot of grunt from 1.8L

He's got it apart and not only is the TC stuffed the input housing of the gearbag is busted as well, so repairs will be very expensive with a new stronger box required.

The joys of chasing horsepower

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast