Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New "Options" Test

New "Options" Test

So, as I have no life, on Boxing Day, during the inevitable Melbourne rain delay, I starting messing around with our E-store software to see if I could get a user-friendly upgrade system happening on one of our products... as a test. I picked the TLA-1Q; Ash body, quilted maple veneer, TL kit. Check it out:

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/g...quilted-maple/

Please have a play and let me know what you think. Is it intuitive? Any problems? Anything missing?

If you can have a look on you phone or pad too... I did a lot of work to make sure it made sense on a phone.

If we can get this one right then we can add these upgrade options to most of our kits.

Thanks in advance for your input.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

G'day Adam,

This is timely as I am very close to pulling the trigger on this one for my Merle Haggard Tuff Dog tribute, with the same options the price is up on what it was this morning when I optioned it up so I'm not sure if the actual prices have changed or the maths are wrong somewhere.

My spec is
    TLA-1Q
    22 fret maple neck
    Gold hardware
    Tonerider Hot Classics $86.63 ( were $89.00 )
    White Pearloid Pickguard

I didn't itemise the rest but the automated total previously came to $358.95 and now $380.32, not a huge difference but maybe something is not quite right or was wrong before.

My question before pulling the trigger is about the neck profile and radius, is it the same as the STA-1 if so I am in.

I have a built Tele kit from another Australian supplier that I finished years ago and the fretboard is almost flat and I just can't bond with it and it will be going to a new home in the near future

I should add, the Tuff Dog has a few gold items that are different to the kit that I will have to source from OS, they being

6 Saddle string through bridge
    String through ferrules
    Circular string tree
    Oval jack plate

So the equivalent kit items will become surplus but as I discovered when I upgraded my STA to black hardware the cost differential was minimal ( passed off the chrome & white stuff to my brother for beer )

Just looked on my phone and it's listed as follows

TLA-1Q $199.00 ( new price $199.00 )
    Gold Hardware $39.00 ( new price 69.96 )
    TR Hot Classics $89.00 ( new price 86.63 )
    White Pearloid PG $12.95 ( new price 8.48 )
    22 Fret neck $19.00 ( new price $16.95 )
    Total $358.95 ( new total $380.32 )

Wife's iPad prices up the same as the PC @ $380.32

I think I'll order it off the phone thanks
    Last edited by dave.king1; 26-12-2016 at 07:05 PM.

My default currency setting is for GBP. Whilst the top 'from £xxx' label displayed in pounds, the bottom running total was displaying in $. By changing the currency setting to A$ then GBP the bottom total then changed to £. Just a slight niggle but it should really display the correct currency first time.

Edit: just tried it again, and if no options are chosen, the bottom green running total box isn't shown. I feel it should really be shown all the time.

Also, if I reset an option like a rosewood neck back to no upgrade, the running total box disappears and if I then pick another option, it re-appears but reverts back to displaying in A$ again.

I tried selecting various options and the adding up worked for me (using A$) with all my selections. Conversion to GBP for the total was the same rate as for the 'from £xxxx' at the top, so no issues there.

Just a thought driven by this exercise, but is it worth offering a set of rear-mounting string ferrules of the appropriate colour if you select a Wilkinson or Babicz bridge, as they are all string-through body types (unlike the standard top-loading bridge)?

7. Liked by: FredA

I think it is a good direction to go in. My only concern would be option anxiety. Possibly there needs to be a "Buy Default Kit" button for newbies, or people buying as presents, who don't know what all these options mean. Ideally the first decision would be whether you wanted the default kit or a customised kit and you would only get to see the options is you chose a customised kit.
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    G'day Adam,

This is timely as I am very close to pulling the trigger on this one for my Merle Haggard Tuff Dog tribute, with the same options the price is up on what it was this morning when I optioned it up so I'm not sure if the actual prices have changed or the maths are wrong somewhere.

My spec is
    TLA-1Q
    22 fret maple neck
    Gold hardware
    Tonerider Hot Classics $86.63 ( were $89.00 )
    White Pearloid Pickguard

I didn't itemise the rest but the automated total previously came to $358.95 and now $380.32, not a huge difference but maybe something is not quite right or was wrong before.

My question before pulling the trigger is about the neck profile and radius, is it the same as the STA-1 if so I am in.

I have a built Tele kit from another Australian supplier that I finished years ago and the fretboard is almost flat and I just can't bond with it and it will be going to a new home in the near future
    Thanks Dave, yes, we'll need to play with the pricing more. It actually have worked out a bit cheaper, so I'm not sure what's up there.

All our necks are 12" radius and 'Modern C' profile, 43mm at the nut.
    Cheers,

Adam

Ordered, now to wait for the fit to hit the shan

Shouldn't get beaten up too badly as "the boss" was aware of the impending purchase and it was partially funded by the fat bloke

Thanks for the feedback, most of which I didn't consider. So, still a bit of work to do.
    Cheers,

Adam

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast