Thread: Hi Im New here

Hi Im New here

Hi,
    Im thinking about buying a iceman model from Pitbullguitar and I wanted to know if it is hard to build one and if it is expensive to Let it shop to the netherlands (eu)

Hi Arnik, and welcome to the forum.

I haven't built an Iceman model, but it does have a bolt-on neck, which does make its construction a bit simpler than a set-neck version. Other than that it looks quite like any other two humbucker, four control + selector switch guitar, such as a Les Paul, and plenty of people here have built one of those as their first kit.

I'm in the UK and have bought and imported a couple of Pit Bull kits, and there's a standard shipping charge from Australia of A$59.95, which is currently around €41, plus whatever tax and import charges apply. The kits normally take around 3-4 days to get to their destination country, and it then depends on the efficiency of your own postal services as to how quickly they then notify you of any tax and duty charges (plus processing fee).

If you do decide to get a kit, then it really is worth doing a build diary here, as you can get a lot of advice if you are unsure about anything.

Hi Arnick welcome to the forum. I've built both 6 and 7 string Icemans and they aren't too difficult as Simon says a bolt on neck and wiring isn't too difficult.
    I say go for it order the kit and hopefully it arrives around the first half of January, I'm not sure how long Pitbull staff are taking off for xmas.
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Welcome, and enjoy

Welcome Arnick! Look forward to seeing your build!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Welcome along Arnick! As far as "hard to build" it comes down to time, persistence and research. Most of what you need to do is fairly straightforward and if you take your time, its not too difficult - after all, I can build them and have no woodwork / electronics background. Some of the right tools can make things easier, but everything can be done without any special tools.

Welcome Arnick. Many of us here started with next to no skill but have been able to make attractive working guitars. If you have patience and aren't afraid to ask questions you should end up with a satisfying result.
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck