Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anybody Want Or Need A String Plugin Instrument £1.00 Normally £105.00 Most DAWS

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    To this I'll add that writing multi layered MIDI parts is a proper pain in the rectum but worth the effort
    I always follow the George Martin principle and never have more than 4 parts if I ever do any orchestration (which is rare for me). Of course each part can be doubled on several instruments, but don't have too many different musical parts happening at once.

I've only done 2 parts using the ensemble preset with drawn bow, all lower register to emphasise the dark nature of the song.

Anything along the line of Nick Cave's Murder Ballads? I can only listen to that a few songs at a time. Never managed to listen to it the whole way through yet.

Basically it's about a bloke sitting alone in his room thinking about the woman he has lost.

When Bob first played it for us is was a straight 4/4 almost a marching tune because that's natural rhythm, then with Max playing rhythm and me playing bass we gave it a rolling sea shanty sort of a feel which from a drum perspective is a basic rock pattern with a disco type backbeat, sound odd but it works.

It's in Am and the rolling bass and the drumbeat are still there with an alternating AM A+ arpeggio over an Am chord played on the double bass, the verse is a I VII IV V progression with three note guitar arpeggios and block chords on the double bass, the chorus is I VII V# V with block chords on the double bass and slightly over driven guitar and a rising line in the viola and violin.

All this with three part harmonies.

Still have to do and outro but will reprise the intro and extend it from 4 bars to 12 and then a single chorus progression with the slightly overdriven guitar sitting on top ( knowing what I want and playing it are two totally different things )

I've got have a dozen of our originals well on the way but can only share one because the rest are still pending copyright

No One Knows Midnight Like Melinda ( still quite rough in the mix and there are more harmonies to be added )
    This was released by Max's band Men Of Country back in about 1976, he wrote it about a hooker that he met when the band had a residency in Kings Cross here in Sydney and we have done a major rework of it

Max is singing it here and playing acoustic rhythm, Wes Grady is on pedal steel, I am playing the bass and guitar parts ( no pitbull in this case )

The pedal steel & acoustic were miced, the guitar and bass parts were DI. Drums were written as a MIDI

https://soundcloud.com/suthol/no-one...t-like-melinda

The track that follows, Sons Of Poppa Browne written and sung by my other band mate Bob Browne I play bass on, didn't record it but did mix it
    Last edited by dave.king1; 30-12-2016 at 07:40 PM.

I was about to buy another copy of this as the price is still the same and after a bit of a google I found you get two seats ( PCs ) per licence.

Here's the intro of one of our originals that I used this plugin in.

Instruments
    Drums - MIDI
    Guitar - Strat
    Rhythm - Tele
    Bass - Yamaha
    Strings - MIDI

https://soundcloud.com/suthol/gather...memories-intro

Dave looks like your getting the hang of the string plugin. Well worth having for $1.00 . Good stuff enjoy all the best .I hope your finding many uses for it.

Kimball

8. Liked by: dave.king1

Quote Originally Posted by kimball492 View Post
    Dave looks like your getting the hang of the string plugin. Well worth having for $1.00 . Good stuff enjoy all the best .I hope your finding many uses for it.

Kimball
    Absolutely KB, I am looking forward to being able to share the whole song because it is quite dark and dramatic.

Sure ain't country as we know it Jim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3