Thread: Just in the process of re-installing all my DAW Software.

Just in the process of re-installing all my DAW Software.

So, after having to do a clean install of Windows 10 Threshold 2 on my Studio PC, I've just started re-installing all my DAW Software back onto it, Ableton Live 9 Standard is all up and running, and activated, it was relatively painless.

I'll be re-installing FL Studio 12 Producer Edition next, followed by Reaper, I don't think I'll bother with re-installing Reason for the time being, cause I really didn't use it enough to justify having it installed, anyway, after all that, I will be going through and re-installing my plugins....loads of fun to be had....haha.

Over the Christmas Holidays I might see if I can record a demo track featuring both my HotRod Strat and the Headless Guitar, oh, I might also see if I can get Doc's Blues finished too.

I've got FL Studio 12 Producer Edition installed now, had one system-hang (crash) while launching it.....hmmmmm.....not sure what caused it though.

How's it going Doc

Quote Originally Posted by kimball492 View Post
    How's it going Doc

Seems to be going alright so far, I had some hiccups untill I switched from using Microsoft's Edge Browser to my preferred Browser, Mozilla Firefox, for some reason Microsoft Edge would make my PC freeze-up and I had to do a hard-reset/re-boot just to get things working again, soon as I switched over to Firefox, the PC started running a lot smoother, apparently Microsoft Edge is a bit of a resource hog, particularly with system Ram.

Windows 10 downloading a few updates and taking ages to install them didn't help things much either, why Microsoft seem to schedule updating just when I'm actually using my PC for what I bought it for I'll never work out, I guess that's part and parcel to owning a PC.

Update:

Oops....I think I spoke too soon, I just had my first system crash while Firefox was running.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 18-12-2016 at 11:48 AM.