Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How about a PBG kit based on my HotRod Strat build?

How about a PBG kit based on my HotRod Strat build?

I got pretty good results with my HotRod Strat build, so I was wondering if Adam would be interested in adding a PBG kit to the current range of PBG kits based on my HotRod Strat build, since I'm sure that there are some PBG Forum members that would be interested in building one for themselves, would that be feasible?

Sure, send me the detailed specs and we will see if they understand the request.

Modifying an existing kit should straightforward.

Please send them by email if you can Doc.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Sure, send me the detailed specs and we will see if they understand the request.

Modifying an existing kit should straightforward.

Please send them by email if you can Doc.

No worries mate, will do, hope you are having a great weekend.

I just had a thought, maybe what you could do is use the STA-1 kits as a basis for the HotRod Strat kit, and just mod it so that it uses a Floyd-style trem rather than the traditional Strat trem, the neck would then only need to be routed to accept a locking nut.

And then you could offer a choice of scratchplates with either an HSS, SSS, or HH configuration, apart from the trem-system, the rest of the hardware could be as per a standard STA-1 kit.

I just sent the email off to you.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 11-12-2016 at 09:23 AM.

Mmmmmmmmmm Super Strat

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Might as well offer an HSH configuration whilst we're talking about it. Also, would there be a chance of and sort of 5-way super-switch option. One can obviously be bought separately, but for those looking to buy an all-in-one package, it would offer more wiring possibilities for HH, HSH and HSS configurations.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Might as well offer an HSH configuration whilst we're talking about it. Also, would there be a chance of and sort of 5-way super-switch option. One can obviously be bought separately, but for those looking to buy an all-in-one package, it would offer more wiring possibilities for HH, HSH and HSS configurations.

I think those would be some cool mods to include in the basic design, cheers mate.

Apart from the nut and Trem requirements the pup options could be accommodated with a swimming pool rout with optional scratchplates to suit the pup options.

Much simpler to describe to the factory

JMTBW

But the full swimming pool rout bodies sound so bad compared to normal bodies. Too much wood removed in the wrong place. An HSH rout would cover all the options and sound better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    But the full swimming pool rout bodies sound so bad compared to normal bodies. Too much wood removed in the wrong place. An HSH rout would cover all the options and sound better IMO.
    I'm with you on this Simon, it is just something I have seen a fair bit on aftermarket bodies so put it out there.

Another idea I just thought up is maybe have an option for Flamed Mapling, like the IB1 kit, but still retain the Strat body-shape, the headstock could be kept as the paddle-shape so that individual builders can customize it to their liking as per all the STA and TL kits, there's lots of scope for this kit idea.

I totally like the idea of having the standard HSH routing so that different pickup configurations can be accommodated.

And coil-tapping can simply be implemented using push-pull pots too.

Imagine what a HotRod Strat kit would look like with Dingotone finish on it?, lots of scope for different finishes there too, I'd love to see someone build one using Dingotone finish, you could even do Spalted too, quilted would look epic with a white pearloid scratchplate and either a chrome or black Floyd Trem.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 12-12-2016 at 08:25 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast