That time again! This will be the first comp (no prizes, just acolades!) for 2017.
January Guitar of the Month (for Guitars and Basses finished in December 2016)
January 2017 GOTM
Enter your finished guitar or bass here to be judged for the Pit Bull Guitars November 2016 Guitar of the Month.
For Guitars or Basses finished on (or before) 31 December 2016
One guitar/bass per member per month
It must be a Pit Bull Guitars kit (mods and upgrades acceptable)
Guitar or Bass must be finished and playable
We need at least 4 photos:
· full guitar shot from the front;
· close up of the body finish;
· shot of the back of the guitar; and
· close up of the headstock (please, no brand name logos)
Please post your photos in this thread. If you are having issues posting photos on the forum, please email them to brendan (at) pitbullguitars (dot) com
Please note: This competition is open to amateur guitar builders only. If you are making and selling guitars for profit, you are ineligible. Also while there are some stunning guitars around - you never know what the judges are looking for, so we encourage anyone who's built a Pitbull during the month to enter!
Competition for December closes 31 December 2016.
The sorts of things we judge on include:
· How well has the body and neck been prepared
· Is the choice of finish for the style of guitar appropriate
· How well has the finish been applied
· How well has all the hardware, pickups, etc, been installed
· Does it have the "Wow Factor"
· Which guitar would you make a beeline for in a guitar shop. That is, which one would you most like to take home.
I'm a personal fan of demos - no matter how simple - everyone likes to hear how an axe has turned out!