Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Big D (ES-1G)

I'm looking for goo off online and can't find it. Is goof off or goo gone similar? Is turps like turpentine?

Goof off mate. Available at Bunnings.
    Turps is mineral turpentine. It cleans like Methylated Spirits but evaporates much much slower. Also from Bunnings

Oh excellent, thanks. I'm in Canada so don't have Bunnings, I'll look around. Thanks again.
    Cheers,
    Brian

Oh ok, Well I don't know what they have in Canada but I assume any major hardware chain should have it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevierayvannabe View Post
    Oh excellent, thanks. I'm in Canada so don't have Bunnings, I'll look around. Thanks again.
    Cheers,
    Brian
    you can probably source it through StewMac Brian. I think thats where i got mine from.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Good news, my girl friend had some goof off under the sink, what a gal. I'll sand the black back a bit then try some goof off and hope that the black will take a bit. Tomorrow will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by stevierayvannabe View Post
    Good news, my girl friend had some goof off under the sink, what a gal. I'll sand the black back a bit then try some goof off and hope that the black will take a bit. Tomorrow will tell.
    She's a Keeper! Look forward to seeing the result.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

It's been a long time

Hi all,

Well this post has been a long time coming. A lot has happened in the last while in my life and I have been a bit distracted and not posting much.

Not to hold anyone in suspense, I did in fact finish this guitar and gave it to my father for his Christmas present Dec, 2017. He has been playing and enjoying it ever since. I tried to upload some pictures of the guitars but unfortunately my pictures are too large. I'll have to wait until my wife gets back and can show me how to resize the pictures on her MacBook (I am not skilled in the ways of the apple).

Since then I have built 2 more guitars, the 12 string version of this one, that was for me, and a left handed ST-1 kit for my brother-in-law, as a present from my sister. I have really enjoyed building these kits. My next project is a Mockingbird style kit, and after that I'll probably be building a Bass kit for my wife, who has recently taken to the instrument

Hope you enjoy.
    Brian

Thanks for the follow up. It’s great to hear that builds are being played and enjoyed.
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3