Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: December GOTM

Hi Frankenwashie

This time it went fairly well but... do yourself a favour in the future and don't use the translator with Finnish. It just never works although I appreciate the effort. If I used google translator to english I'd loose everyone of my foreign friends within a few days - the message staying the way it's meant to happens maybe once in five times.

It actually sounds better in english but in finnish the same as finnish rally drivers' english interviews early on their careers - have to really pay attention to fully get it. Most of the time you just end up insulting someone's mom while you were only trying to ask for a latte at the cafe (an extreme example).

That being said - still appreciate the gesture very much.

Looks great Arzi, fantastic result.
    Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzi View Post
    Hi Frankenwashie

This time it went fairly well but... do yourself a favour in the future and don't use the translator with Finnish. It just never works although I appreciate the effort. If I used google translator to english I'd loose everyone of my foreign friends within a few days - the message staying the way it's meant to happens maybe once in five times.

It actually sounds better in english but in finnish the same as finnish rally drivers' english interviews early on their careers - have to really pay attention to fully get it. Most of the time you just end up insulting someone's mom while you were only trying to ask for a latte at the cafe (an extreme example).

That being said - still appreciate the gesture very much.
    Yeah, I was afraid of that. I know when I was working in Jyvaskyla it was never all that reliable, but it was better to try it and have a colleague correct me, than to not try at all. I worked with many English and other Australian colleagues who never made any effort to understand or speak the languages of the countries we worked in. I saw it as a missed opportunity for them. But if you are not speaking it constantly then you get rusty and forget and have to rely on web services.
    I will have to get my Finn friends to re-school me, or go back for a secondment to our offices there.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Arzi that finish on the fretboard just sets the whole guitar off. Great work

Frankenwashie

You're right. Finnish is a hard language to master and for an english speaker it's easy to come here cause nearly every Finn under 60 speaks at least understandable english to some degree. Vast majority of people under forty quite fluently.

Welcome back anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Thigg88 View Post
    full front Attachment 15004
    So tidy! I'm getting a Jim Root vibe from this tele, really nice job.

Johnny Ramone Clone

Hey guys,
    I am new to the forum and just finished making this for my guitarist.
    It is a relic Johnny Ramone copy. We upgraded the bridge pickup and swapped the tune-o-magic for a more accurate Mosrite bridge.It plays and sounds great. I have a ton of Mosrite copies and for the price this is a great guitar!

great looking Ramone clone Marky looks very cool. I still got to finish mine. How does the zero fret play ?
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Plays great! But it' s also all I know. Ive been obsessed with mosrites for 20 years.

Yes , I agree.
    Build-1 ES-3 June 2016 GOTM.
    Build-2 IB-1S
    Build-3. ES-12G June 2019 GOTM.
    Build-4 Gene Simmons axe bass. 43 year project done.
    Build-5. TL-1S May 2021 GOTM joint winner.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast