Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Noob with some decisions to make.

Like this one?

Not mine... yet! An Aria Pro II from the late 70s and it is simply epic. I'd always thought it was an LP Jr double cut, but looking a bit closer, yeah.. could be Melody Maker as well...
    "If it's Blues music in a bar and it helps people swallow their drink of choice, or it's a dance song and people get up off their chairs and shuffle their feet, or it's a Jazz tune and the Chardonnay tastes so much better... then it's all good."

- Marcel

That Aria Pro looks nice...

Quote Originally Posted by corsair View Post
    Like this one?

Not mine... yet! An Aria Pro II from the late 70s and it is simply epic. I'd always thought it was an LP Jr double cut, but looking a bit closer, yeah.. could be Melody Maker as well...
    That still looks like a LP Jr to me, although with a neck pickup. The top horn is longer and the body doesn't curve to meet the neck like the Melody Maker. It also seems to have the Jr pick guard.

Melody maker:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MMComboWebsize.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	14845

That Aria Pro II is an amazing looking guitar! Love tortoise shell pick guards

Yes, the kit is definitely a Melody Maker shape, though Gibson did 're-imagine' it for the (pretty awful IMO) 2015 LP Special as Andrewosbourne pointed out. And just to confuse things even more, I have a 2013 "Les Paul Melody Maker", which is more like a carved-top LP Special than a Melody Maker.

Name:	2014 Gibson Melody Maker Les Paul small.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	325.4 KB 
ID:	14846

I am partial to the LP DC shape (and P90s) and did have one of the cheaper Gibson Faded DC models for a while before donating it to my nephew.

Name:	IMG_0419.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	14847

Of course the LP Jr/Special DC shape was used by Hamer as the basis of their 'Sunburst' model in the '70s. I don't have any old ones but I do have a black '93 one and one of the last ones they made before shutting up shop for good. A shame as they were great guitars.

Name:	Hamer small.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	205.1 KB 
ID:	14848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hamer Artist small.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	285.4 KB 
ID:	14849

5. Liked by: bobby_boy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3