Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Rev's MK-2 Build

Oh, no, don't get me started on the "customary" measurement system. Can't believe we still insist on using it here.

I saw that Gavin dropped an FS1 into his bridge slot as Johnny Ramone had. I'm not bent on going that route, but it seems inevitable - I hate the sound of most single coils. What'd you pick out for yours?

hey Rev, I agree imperial units are rubbish and metric is the only system to use haha
    As I said in my last post I got a SD single bridge that measures close to 12k ohm and left the stock neck pup. Cooler day here today finally so should be able to get a play in !
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Well, today's weather was warm enough to continue primering, so I propped the body upright with some boxes and did the top edge. It didnt really go on evenly, though (can was getting low), so i suspect Ill be sanding that edge quite a bit later. Next time I'll hang it, if I can find a good spot out of the wind.

I bought a cheap pop-up camping shower/toilet tent to use as an outdoor spray booth. Folds down nice and small. Fine to use with the flap open and you standing outside unless the wind's really strong.

5. Liked by: dave.king1

Grand idea, Simon! I'll check into that!

Quote Originally Posted by wokkaboy View Post
    hey Rev, I agree imperial units are rubbish and metric is the only system to use haha
    As I said in my last post I got a SD single bridge that measures close to 12k ohm and left the stock neck pup. Cooler day here today finally so should be able to get a play in !
    I have to work in both, mainly due to the fact that so much equipment in my client industries are based on American standards, or are legacies of Australian Industry's pre-metric history. What is really painful is having our US colleagues trying to metricise imperial 16th's or 32nd's measurement. e.g. 1 & 7/16" = 1.437" = 36.4998mm, and they insist on showing it this way on their drawings. Drives me up the wall.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Frankie tell them to round to 1 or 2 decimal points on the drawings. I've been a drafty for about 25 years and seeing 36.4998mm on a drawing would drive me crazy !!
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Quote Originally Posted by wokkaboy View Post
    Frankie tell them to round to 1 or 2 decimal points on the drawings. I've been a drafty for about 25 years and seeing 36.4998mm on a drawing would drive me crazy !!
    Ah yes, but I am a mere Sales/Service Representative...How dare I tell engineers how to draw and express something on a General Arrangement! "it has to be to Four decimal places otherwise it does not accurately reflect 1.437"!" and associated rhetoric.

Thankfully most of our locally produced drawings are done with common sense in mind, else they leave Imperial in Imperial and call it quits at 0.001"+/- mandated tolerances.
    FrankenLab

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    I bought a cheap pop-up camping shower/toilet tent to use as an outdoor spray booth. Folds down nice and small. Fine to use with the flap open and you standing outside unless the wind's really strong.
    You could also just get a large ish cardboard box, pop it on its side with the flaps open (or removed). Weight the bottom with a brick if the wind is up.
    FrankenLab

Overlord of Music andrewdosborne's Avatar
    That's the way I go, a large cardboard box

Sent from Android Nougat
    Current Projects
    #Planning 5 String Bass

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast