Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
I would probably hesitate to use the Rustoleum Clear again, it seems a bit delicate. I noticed when mounting the strap buttons and clearing the cover plate screw holes that it chipped quite easily. Similar story with the recessed trem spring cover plate edges.
I will chase down a more durable clear for the next one (Cabothane has come up a few times in threads, and there is always Automotive stuff)
I used the Rustoleum 2X clear on my JK-1, and it definitely took longer to cure. After hanging for about a month, it was still a little soft and gummy. It was enough to worry me because it should have been cured by then. I checked on it about a week later, though, and all was good. There are some not-so-great areas on the guitar, but that was more my fault and inexperience than the clearcoat. I've seen some disaster stories about mixing and matching types of paint and even brands, which is the main reason I went with the Rustoleum, because they made the type of paint I wanted. I'd be hesitant to mix and match, though.