Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: (Hopefully) Quick and Easy Parts-V

Couple of quick updates on this guy, cos I've done some tweaks and modified this again since I last posted on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0118 (Custom).JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	303.6 KB 
ID:	18139

Main change was swapping the pickups out. Dropped the Gold Foils because they were a bit low output for my liking, and popped in a pair of Entwistle HVX's. Also added a coil tap.

Name:	DSC_0119 (Custom).JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	344.9 KB 
ID:	18140

Since I've also got a Fishman Triple Play now, I also popped a screw in to the top side, so that I can attach the mounting bracket on to the guitar, because the cable doesn't make it all the way down the wing of the V to the strap button.

Name:	DSC_0121 (Custom).JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	292.7 KB 
ID:	18141

And probably most importantly, I'm not running the strings under the standard rollers of the bridge any more. I had a suspicion this might end up being the case when I first installed the X-Trem, because it was so close to the bridge, but over time I was having pretty rubbish tuning stability with the trem. The string was breaking at too much of an angle in that part of the string, so it's just running straight from the base of the trem to the bridge itself, and it's immediately holding tune much better.

Also countersunk the pickguard screws 'cos I forgot to do them before and got kinda lazy

But now it's all back in action and I'll be playing it a lot more now. Maybe. I just got a Strat which is kinda going back to comfort for me so maybe not. And also my 7-string will be finished up next week. So actually probably not for a bit.... But when I want to, it'll be ready to go.
    Last edited by B'Lark; 17-03-2017 at 12:49 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5