Thread: Custom Slide decals

Custom Slide decals

Hi all,
    My new SG-2 kit has arrived and has stirred up my enthusiasm to get into the garage and get it started. But I won't yet as I'm restoring an old BC Rich and want it completed first.
    I was wondering though if anyone knows where I can have some slide decals made of my own design?
    I've had a quick look through the forum and other than the answer blatantly staring me in the face I cant find anything.
    Cheers,
    Mickey D

I used to make pens on a wood lathe a few years ago back in the UK and printed my own decals onto decal paper. It looks as if you can get the paper here from
    http://decalpaper.com.au/
    I'm going to give this a try on my ST kit when I get to the finishing stage, but the process does work, and the best part is you can come up with your own designs and print them out at home.

Hope this helps

Cheers and thanks. I'll give it a go.

there are different papers for inkjet or laser, make sure you get the right one

Thanks Stan. I'll be careful.

Let me know how you get on Mickey D considering Stans comments, I want to do the same at a later date.

decals

Quote Originally Posted by Marelton View Post
    Let me know how you get on Mickey D considering Stans comments, I want to do the same at a later date.
    You'll need some Crystal acrylic spray or equivalent to seal the printer ink. You can order water slide paper on line.
    Fender font is easily found online, but I've had no success finding Gibson style font.
    Good luck
    Stewmac strat, tele
    DIY starcaster
    PBG LP-1M x2
    HB-4 x2(L)
    12 string strats x3
    Ex1(L) Ex1(R)
    TBJ5
    PB4(L)
    PBG2
    IB-5(L)
    ES-1TL x2
    scratch lapsteel (half finished)
    AG-1(L)

Hi Wolfred. I'm not looking at brand fonts. More along the lines of scanning my own signature (When I can get it looking good enough). After all, it's my guitar. But cheers for the heads up.
    Marelton I'll surely let you know how it goes.

Yeah, Branded and Copyrighted fonts such as Gibson & Rickenbacker are impossible to find online whilst you can get pretty close to Fender style just by using MS Brush Script within MS Paint.

Wolfreds comments are spot on in relation to the clear acrylic and White Knight is another brand to consider if you cannot find or buy Crystal.