Thread: New member from Brisbane, Hello everyone!

New member from Brisbane, Hello everyone!

Hello All!

New member here and new to guitar DIY Kit building. Previous skills have primarily been in costume design with focus on sculpture and mold making, along with prop pieces here and there. Have represented Australia in the 2014 World Cosplay Summit in Japan. Taking a break from the stress involved working on deadlines accompanied with 15 hour days (8 hour job, then arrive home and sweat or freeze in the garage til the early hours daily, season depending).

A musician friend of mine got me back into playing guitar after a 7 year break (Had played from when I was about 9/10 until my early 20's, at which time I had started costume design as my main/only hobby). My friend and I have taken up pedal kit building as way to keep in touch with her busy schedule, and out of that I learnt that DIY guitar kits were a thing! In addition to this, another hobby I have started with my non-music friends is scale model kit building - We assemble every other weekend, drink some beer, hang out and paint or build models (What's a 'sports'?). I am also a second year, level 3 night time student in Japanese.

I received a TL-1TB kit a few months back and it sat that patiently whilst I completed the last of my costume commissions so that I could get it full attention and not have a deadline in the back of my mind. I've started the basic first steps of the body - Starting with a dry fit of the components, assessing glue marks for sanding as well as other structural problems that will need to be rectified - Which will be questions within my build diary.

Happy to be here in this community, and a thank you to Pitbull Guitars for hosting this platform for the community to engage and help each other out (Previously in Music Production and Costume Design these forums are invaluable).

Thanks Everyone!,
    Luke.
    Last edited by Storm1822; 06-06-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Hi Luke and welcome. With your back ground you will have a ball making a kit, I defy you stop at one one!
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

Hey Dedman!

I've only just started on the TL-1TB and I'm already eyeing off which kit to do next!

In addition, I've got 3 pedal kits on the shelf to be started, and 21 scale model kits - These numbers are more than likely to increase (I plan on being busy for an undetermined amount of time into the future!)

LOL, I used to build garage kits a few years back,....OK quite a few years back, pre-interwebs even. I suffer from too many hobbies.
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

Overlord of Music
    Hi Luke. Welcome along.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Overlord of Music andrewdosborne's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum and your new hobby!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
    Current Projects
    #Planning 5 String Bass

Welcome Luke
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

Hi Storm, welcome to the madness from another Brisbaneite. Enjoy the build, I am sure you'll have no problems.