Thread: Pictures and samples of dingotone?

Pictures and samples of dingotone?

Hey guys.

If this has been asked before, feel free to point me in the right direction because i can't seem to find it.

I was just wondering if the people on here could upload more pictures of their finished results with dingotone and name the colour and how many coats it took to get that result. As an example you could type in a colortone colour and get a 100 different examples of a finished results

As im the type of bloke that likes to look at these things over and over again before i do it myself.

Thanks in advance

Dozey - great question and has been asked before (mainly for Wudtone though). Certainly would love to see more photos of builds with different layers of different Dingotones to see different outcomes. Difficulty is different wood (ash vs basswood vs maple vs 'hog vs alder vs paulownia (from memory all the woods the kits come in to date)) will react slightly differently to different colours and trying to build a catalogue will take some time.

That said - love more photos on the forum and galleries!

Cheers for that mate.

Are the wudtone and dingotones much different in colour do you know?

Certainly are. Different ranges and outcomes - Wudtone has been around for a couple more years. That said - personal preference - not had a bad experience with Dingotone - with Wudtone some colours are hard to get right (from experience and what I've seen on the forum). DB has also reformulated Dingotone to be quicker drying following customer feedback. Dingotone also has capacity to develop new colours / blends - e.g., photo below is a brand new stain I'm sampling from Dingotone. Not sure what the capabilities of Wudtone - especially in Australia are...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160514_14_40_55_Rich.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	167.8 KB 
ID:	11370  

Hey Bman, that is looking good!
    Can you please flick me an email with the name suggestion you had?
    The Minister for War and Finance wants to know what your thoughts 😀

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....