Thread: RCA-4 Bass Project

RCA-4 Bass Project

Greeting and Bon Jour Guitar building community.
    I am Justin from Philadelphia, PA in the United States, I will post build from start to finish and today I will start with an unboxing video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieRZQziv0So

Welcome along - great kit the RCA-4... Best of luck and don't be afraid to ask questions.

RC-4 bass bridge placement anyone?

Overlord of Music
    Brian, same as any other guitar. Measure the distance from the nut to the 12th fret, double it and you have the starting distance between the nut and the saddles on the bridge.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Hi Juestonean. Hope your build goes smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by pablopepper View Post
    Brian, same as any other guitar. Measure the distance from the nut to the 12th fret, double it and you have the starting distance between the nut and the saddles on the bridge.
    That would be with the saddles fully adjusted forward, as the overall length required certainly wont be any smaller than double the 12th fret distance, but you'll probably need to move them back by 2-6mm when setting the intonation. No point having the saddles in in a middle (or worse - fully back) position when deciding where to position the bridge. Obviously different bridge types have different amounts of adjustment available, so if yours doesn't have a lot of movement, it may be well worth measuring up on a similar built instrument before deciding on its distance from the neck.