Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Baritones

Baritones

We've had many enquiries for Baritone scale kits and conversion necks. As regulars will know, we have asked the factory many times and they have always said they can't do them. I assume this is because their routing templates/machines are not set up for this length.

However, I know my contact quite well after all these years, and I think we can turn them around if we can show them there is a market for this scale length.

So... I am hoping this thread can be a "catch all" for your "Baritone Wish List"

1. Baritone scale lengths seem to vary:

"The scale lengths of various baritone designs range from 27" to 30.5", and the string gauges range from the normal .012 - .054" set to sets as thick as .017 - .095"."

What scale length do you prefer? Or do you want this to be completely customisable? Bear in mind Custom Orders add about $150 to the list price of a kit. If we can agree on a Baritone scale length, then we can keep the cost down by ordering in bulk and shipping by sea freight.

2. What kits would you like see offered as Baritone scale?

3. Would you be interested in a Baritone neck conversion (neck only)? If so, what kit (or brand of guitar) would you like to fit one to?

4. Do you want the necks with Rosewood or Maple fretboards, and with or without inlays?

5. Do you want pre-shaped headstocks or "paddle" style ST/TL and LP headstocks?

Thanks in advance for your feedback... all comments will be conveyed to the factory so we can show them the level of interest in this scale length.

Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Thanks for offering the input Adam.

This is easy, 30" scale, rosewood fretboard, ST or paddle headstock to fit JM ash body without the route for the toggle switch on the upper bout and .25 - .95 strings .

Very easy to convert to a close replica of a Fender VI with the correct pickguard a switch plate for the single throw switches and different knobs.

I feel a divorce coming on
    Last edited by dave.king1; 12-03-2016 at 06:12 PM.

Wot Dave sed.

I would like to see Maple fretboard with block inlays in Mother of Toilet Seat.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Quote Originally Posted by dingobass View Post
    Wot Dave sed.

I would like to see Maple fretboard with block inlays in Mother of Toilet Seat.
    You getting a divorce too are you DB

Oh yeah, the block rather than dot inlays are important

Not fussy about scale length or string gauge, blocks or dots, rosewood or maple. as long as it has a paddle/unshaped head and I can bolt it to a Tele style body I'm sold.
    Worlds okayest guitar player.

Would be very interested in a JM or Tele kit with Baritone neck. I'll leave the tech specs to those that know better.

cheers,
    Gav.
    --
    Build #01: BC-1
    Build #02: ST-1
    Build #03: JR-1DC
    Build #04: ES-2V
    Build #05: ESB-4 (GOTM July 2014)
    Build #06: RC-1
    Build #07: MK-2
    Build #08: TLA-1
    Build #09: JR-1DC
    Build #0A: LPA-1
    Build #0B: STA-1 (GOTM April 2015)
    Build #0C: MKA-2
    Build #0D: LP-1M
    Build #0E: JB-1
    Build #0F: FS-1

Find me:
    https://www.facebook.com/firescreek.guitars/
    http://www.guitarkitbuilder.blogspot.com.au/

great move Ads, think there will be enough interest in baritone necks for a few kits.
    Might be worth trialling bari necks for tele, ST and JM kits.
    The bari neck DB gave me is 28.6 inches scale looks like it will work well.
    Maybe a rosewood and maple fingerboard option.
    I'm easy on scale, if 30" works well as DK suggested then a longer scale is fine.
    As long as it will bolt onto one of these kits and be able to intonate it without needing mods to the neck pocket or bridge position, that's my biggest concern
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Banned
    I have my Baritone build, and happy with it, but having said that what a sensational sound these instruments are.

My preference would be for a 30" scale, i find my 28-5/8" scale just a little sloppy tuned down an octave, you can tune a 30" down without the slack. , i would like the Fender Bass VI style without the trem.

Thanks in advance

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	9462

Quote Originally Posted by gavinturner View Post
    Would be very interested in a JM or Tele kit with Baritone neck. I'll leave the tech specs to those that know better.

cheers,
    Gav.
    Ditto,I love the sound but don't have the experience to make decisions

If we are doing conversion necks then can we do an unshaped head, neck conversion on 28" or 30" scale for the IB? Rosewood or Ebony fretboard with MOPA (Mother of Pearl Approximate) dot markers?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast