Page 145 of 147 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1467

Thread: DrNomis_44's Gold Standard STA-1M Build.

Quote Originally Posted by wazkelly View Post
    Hey Doc, 9 days without an update???

RU OK mate?

Cheers, Waz

Yeah I'm fine mate, definitely glad to be back online again, my internet's been working good ever since the tech fixed it yesterday, hopefully it won't get sabotaged again.....touchwood.

Thanks for the heads-up mate....cheers.

All good buddy, just checking in on your wellbeing and making sure you were still with us.
    # 1 - EX-5 https://goo.gl/fQJMqh
    # 2 - EX-1 https://goo.gl/KSY9W9
    # 3 - Non PBG Tele https://goo.gl/W14G5g
    # 4 - Non PBG J Bass https://goo.gl/FbBaFy
    # 5 - TL-1AR GOTM Aug 2017 https://goo.gl/sUh14s
    # 6 - MMB-4 Runner-up GOTM Oct 2018https://goo.gl/gvrPkp
    # 7 - ES-1 Runner-up GOTM Aug 2018https://goo.gl/T9BEY8

Quote Originally Posted by wazkelly View Post
    All good buddy, just checking in on your wellbeing and making sure you were still with us.

Much appreciated, I love being a part of this great online forum, and I enjoy contributing to it too.

I have had a few hiccups with my NBN Internet over the last few days but I'm thinking that it was mostly due to some maintenance work being carried out on the NBN infrastructure in a different part of Australia, seems to be okay now though.

I'm going to see if I can finally get the new Gold Supervee Bladerunner Bridge ordered for the Gold Strat this coming fortnight, I'm also going to see if I can get a set of Gold Wilkinson 6 in line tuners ordered too, haven't tried Wilkinson Tuners before so I'll be interested in seeing how they go, these are conventional non-locking type tuners though, I've had enough of locking tuners breaking strings all the time, so I'm going back to conventional types.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 17-06-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Update:

Finally managed to get a new replacement bridge for the Gold Strat today, I decided not to go ahead with ordering a new Gold Supervee Bladerunner Bridge as I had originally planned, instead I bought a new Chrome Full Contact System Bridge from my local Pro Music Shop while I was there buying some new strings, here's a pic of the box that the new bridge came in:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Bridge Box_resized.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	222.7 KB 
ID:	20106

And here's a closeup of the new bridge, the thin piece of metal in front of the bridge and to the left is what the front edge of the bridge pivots against, it's a bit like the pivot points of a Floyd Rose, or a Wilkinson Strat Bridge, it is fixed to the body of the guitar via four screws:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Bridge_resized.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	299.8 KB 
ID:	20107

When I got the new bridge home from the shop I bought it from (it cost me only Au$99.00), I gave it a quick test-fit in the Gold Strat and it looks like it is going to be practically a drop-in fit with a minor mod to the scratchplate, it has a pretty big sustain block on it but I found that there is just enough clearance between the trem spring cover and the sustain block to allow the bridge to sit flat on the body with the trem springs installed, the new bridge comes with all the mounting hardware, screws, spring-claw, springs, trem arm (which just push-fits into a socket on the bridge), and all the needed Allen keys to adjust the saddles and trem arm tension grub-screw, it seems to be a quality piece of hardware, will be interesting to see how it performs, but I'll have to wait till tomorrow to do the installation because I need to put the battery for my cordless drill on charge, the old bridge mounting screws need to be drilled out and doweled so that the new mounting screw holes don't end up weakening and let the bridge move forward under string tension, hence the need for my cordless drill.

I need to position the new bridge a bit further towards the bridge pickup in order for the guitar to intonate properly, shouldn't be too difficult a job to get right but I'm determined to do a good job of it, I will measure three times before I finally drill just to be sure.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 20-06-2017 at 02:21 PM.

bridge looks good Doc. Why didn't you order a gold one to match the other hardware ?
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Quote Originally Posted by wokkaboy View Post
    bridge looks good Doc. Why didn't you order a gold one to match the other hardware ?
    Because this is the bridge that came second Wokks!!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

haha you think it's a silver medal and not a gold medal Franky ?
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

I guess I could have ordered a gold one but they only had chrome ones in stock and I wanted to get the guitar up and running so I could play it at an up and coming band rehearsal with a mate of mine, he's planning on doing a gig at either the Happy Yess club or the Railway Club later on this year in October, I can order a Gold one online later on this year.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    Because this is the bridge that came second Wokks!!

Nah, it's just cause I'm always playing second-fiddle to the obnoxiously loud drummer....hahahaha.....sorry, couldn't resist.

10. Liked by: darthdamo

haha you think it's a silver medal and not a gold medal Franky ?

You know, it could have been worse, it could have been a platinum one...hahahaha.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 20-06-2017 at 02:33 PM.