Page 137 of 147 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1467

Thread: DrNomis_44's Gold Standard STA-1M Build.

Almost a different nation, but being so remote, I presume there's no serious Tasmanian independence movement?

We never changed to the Euro (probably a wise move for us) and stuck with the pound which may have been an experiment too far for some of the countries involved, though it was beneficial for the major players in mainland Europe when travelling and trading between adjoining nations. Also meant that if I was travelling abroad for work, I only had to get a new stock of Euros from time to time, rather than keep changing money Francs, Deutchmarks, Guilders, Krone etc. and back again (always at a loss thanks to the Bureau de Change exchange and commission rates).

No, we'd be screwed if we went independent. A dwindling population of about 500k, if it wasn't for tourism, mining and forestry, we'd be nothing!
    Acoustics:
    1995 Maton EM725C - Solid 'A' Spruce Top, QLD Walnut B&S, AP5 Pickup
    2015 Ibanez AEL108MD-NT - Laminated Spruce top, Laminated Mahogany B&S, Fishman Sonicore Pickup

Electrics:
    Pitbull LP-1S - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=5745
    Carsen Superstrat Rebuild - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6284

Builds in Progress:
    Silent Guitar Semi-Scratch Build - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6809

The way the UK is going, looks like our more and more right-wing politicians would be happy to start sending you convicts again for some extra cash!

Quote Originally Posted by Zandit75 View Post
    I think you mean, you haven't left the mainland!! Tassie is still part of Australia you know!!!
    As much as we keep saying, we're not related to you guys, we need the money!!
    Well, seeing as Tassie is still part of Australia (actually it literally was when Australia was part of a big continent called Gondwanaland thousands of years ago), I'd still regard you guys as Australians.

5. Liked by: Zandit75

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Almost a different nation, but being so remote, I presume there's no serious Tasmanian independence movement?

We never changed to the Euro (probably a wise move for us) and stuck with the pound which may have been an experiment too far for some of the countries involved, though it was beneficial for the major players in mainland Europe when travelling and trading between adjoining nations. Also meant that if I was travelling abroad for work, I only had to get a new stock of Euros from time to time, rather than keep changing money Francs, Deutchmarks, Guilders, Krone etc. and back again (always at a loss thanks to the Bureau de Change exchange and commission rates).

Australia switched to Decimal currency in about the mid 60's or so, as I'm led to believe, prior to that, we used imperial currency (pounds and etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    The way the UK is going, looks like our more and more right-wing politicians would be happy to start sending you convicts again for some extra cash!
    Unlike the last time around, depending on how Ms. May goes with Brexit and the impending Election you might find a sizeable number of volunteers lining up to be transported.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Hey Everybody.....

A parcel with some stuff in it just arrived, and I think I know what's inside, will post a pic of the contents shortly.....stay tuned.

Doc you are almost thread jacking your own thread mate and keeping us in suspense. You really are going for a 200 page diary hahah
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Quote Originally Posted by wokkaboy View Post
    Doc you are almost thread jacking your own thread mate and keeping us in suspense. You really are going for a 200 page diary hahah

Yep....hahahahaha...I'll have to have some strong words with myself, and tell myself off for hijacking my own threads, but I don't think myself will take any notice of me, which is just typical....hahahaha....okay, I won't keep you guys in suspense any longer, just give us a few minutes and all will be revealed....lol.

Rightio, without further ado, here's what was in the parcel:

X3 New White Kent Armstrong Dual Blade Pickups.

X1 Set of White Strat Knobs and etc.

X1 New Gold Strat Jackplate, with Gold Screws.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Stratparts_resized.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	18998

These are some new parts I bought for the gold strat, we are definitely getting very close to the finishing line, all I need to do now is order the new Gold Super Vee Bladerunner Strat bridge from Super Vee.com and we'll be in business.

So, do you guys want to see what the new pickups are going to look like when installed on the scratchplate, and with the scratchplate installed on the body of the guitar?....let me know how keen you guys are to see a pic.

Might see if I can get the mounting screw holes drilled in the back of the neck so I can attach the neck to the body today, and then I'll take a pic of the guitar for you all to check out, the new pickups look really good on the scratchplate, even better than I thought they would.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 28-04-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Here we go, this is to give you some idea what the guitar is going to look like once the build process has been finished, the original Gold bridge was looking a bit grungy so I fitted a spare silver bridge, it's getting replaced with the new Gold Super Vee Bladerunner bridge anyway once it arrives in the post after I've ordered it online:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Pickups_resized.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	18999

Okay, so after a bit of thinking, I'm going to call the body finishing work "officially finished", the body has had three coats of clear coat applied to it and the surface feels like it has dried hard, so we are ready for the next stage in the build-process and that is to get any needed parts ordered online prior to wiring it up and getting it set up with new strings so it's playable.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 28-04-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Page 137 of 147 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast