Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: NON PBG - LP Build Diary from DIY Guitars

Quote Originally Posted by Fretworn View Post

You could try making on of these test probes. Attach the clip to the ground tab on the jack, plug the guitar into your amp and then progressively touch the bare wire on parts of the circuit. Whatever is playing on the iPod should come through your amp. As you work backwards through the circuit will get to the pace where you start to have the problems and you should be able to isolate where the issue is.

(It's worked so far for me anyway.)

Cheers, that's one of the standard fault-finding techniques that's very effective at locating faults.....good one.

Also are you using an iron with a very pointy tip? Something with a flatter tip might work better

Hi guys,
    Sorry for the delay on replying. My mate has decent soldering gear so when he has time he is going to give it a go for me.

I have a soldering iron from a Jaycar outlet store. Its country Vic electronics / auto parts store.

Its a conical tip not flat. No temperature control knob. Salesperson said it will do the job. I haven't opened it yet and still have the receipt.

I have just started a new build posted in this general forum so I'll continue there.

When my mate finishes the soldering on this one I'll upload some audio.

This wont be anytime soon though. He is interstate

Cheers Alkay.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7