Yep, officially a sucker for punishment as this will be my 4th build when I haven't even finished 1st or 2nd and just starting a 3rd as well. GAS has surely gotta hold of me. Had to help clear some of the DIY closing down stock and was always eyeing off doing an Ash J Bass at some stage. Have longed for a Candy Apple Red with white pick guard and Maple Fret Board for ages however as this has so much awesome grain there is no way that will be hidden by a solid colour. Trying to figure out which way to go to get that toffee apple translucent red over the slightly pinkish darker Ash might be the challenge and any suggestions would be appreciated. At this stage I have looked at many different ideas from Color Tone Cherry Red and maybe mixing that with some Color Tone Mahogany? Maybe Feast & Watson Cedar mixed with their Mahogany and watered down with Metho? Looked into leather dyes and stumbled across Jacquard fabric dyes that could work too. Saw Keda dyes on Ebay and not too sure if I want to go down that path. Having used DT for 1st & 2nd builds believe Karajini Red might be the closet to Cherry Red but not convinced that is the product I want to use on this occasion. Also bought some humble food colouring at the supermarket last night and still tempted to find the darkest ink pad ink to play around with too. Looking forward to any feedback as this will be a slow burner whilst looking to find the exact colour to show off all this grainy goodness. Did buy some ebony timber mate from the BGSFOS and apologise profusely hoping that Woks has a pint waiting for me when I have been extradited to the Naughty Warehouse. Some dry and wet photos below where there is only one blemish around curve of top horn down to neck pocket. Most of these kits have at least one of these issues to deal with and a shame their QC standards a so low.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 4.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	389.0 KB 
ID:	7861Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 5.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	489.1 KB 
ID:	7863Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 6.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	551.6 KB