Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Close-up pics of my Gibson USA LP Studio guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    i dont think you have been bitten twice Doc, thats a sweet Gibbo

She's my favourite out of all the guitars I own.

Looks Great Doc, nice guitar

Nomis I have some great news for you. I called up a friend whos dad owns the records for the Gibsons made over the past 10 years and read out the serial # and he gave me this info about your Gibson:

Factory: Nashville Plant, TN, USA
    Date of Manufacture: August 5th, 2013
    Production Number: 280

that will make Doc's hair blow back knowing that ! Well done Pest
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Haha thanks Woks, I also wanted to really know if it was legit or if someone pulled off a hella good prank!

Quote Originally Posted by keloooe View Post
    Nomis I have some great news for you. I called up a friend whos dad owns the records for the Gibsons made over the past 10 years and read out the serial # and he gave me this info about your Gibson:

Factory: Nashville Plant, TN, USA
    Date of Manufacture: August 5th, 2013
    Production Number: 280

Thanks mate, I'm pretty well convinced that my LP is a genuine one, I tried playing it after playing my Chibson SG and just picking it up I can feel a different kind of character in it, it's hard to describe but if you did the same you'd notice it too, not just the weight.

I'll have to think back and remember what I was doing on August 5th 2013 when the guitar was being made.

Here's the story of how I ended up buying my LP Studio guitar, I went into Casuarina one day in 2013 to buy some new guitar strings from Sounds Of Music, while I was doing some browsing one of the shop assistants came up to me and asked me if I was interested in buying a guitar at a cheaper price, he explained to me that they had some guitars locked away that had been involved in a shop accident some had gotten a bit damaged and were unplayable while others were still playable, I said that I was interested so he got me to follow him to where the guitars had been locked up, I had a look through all the guitars and saw the LP Studio leaning against something and said to the guy that I had always wanted a Les Paul so He picked it up and let me have a look at it, I noticed that it had minimal damage to it compared to all the other guitars, some had headstocks broken completely off, anyway we went back to the shop with the LP Studio guitar, I asked how much they wanted for the guitar and it was at that moment when John, the owner of Sounds Of Music walked out and said that he was actually going to sell the guitar on eBay but could sell it to me but wouldn't accept anything less than a third off the retail price, he said the guitar normally retailed for $2599.00, then he said "Make me an offer", I thought quickly to myself and said "$2000.00", he said "Done", after that I organized paying it off on Lay Buy and gradually made payments on it till I only had one payment to go which I paid on the 9th December 2014, and the rest is history.

I guess it was a case of me being in the right place at the right time, and knowing the right people.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 18-11-2015 at 09:05 PM.

Overlord of Music andrewdosborne's Avatar
    Looks genuine to me Doc. You managed to score an LP Studio built before the rather controversial robot tuners were introduced. Have you ever used the robot tuning mechanism? Seems most new Gibbos have them unless you pay the extra for 'heritage' edition axes.
    Current Projects
    #Planning 5 String Bass

Overlord of Music
    There should be no doubt that this is a genuine article.

Ponch, Gibson started using robot tuners in 2007, it's just on the 2015 line they were introduced as standard (along with a 23% price hike and a few other smaller changes), which everybody hated. Not surprisingly, the 2016 line has reverted back to 'classic' specs and the 2015 range are currently being sold off for bargain prices.

Maybe I should post some pics of my Gibbo when I get home, considering I'm about to sell it...
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Overlord of Music andrewdosborne's Avatar
    Ah that explains it Pabs, I've seen a lot of bargain price Gibbos recently.
    Current Projects
    #Planning 5 String Bass

Yeah I hate the robot tuners, horrid devices that jack up the price way too much!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast