Hi Guys,

I have been watching the posts and getting inspiration from this forum while waiting for my kit to arrive.
When I ordered it end of August, I thought the backorder would be fine since i'm not in a hurry (which I think is the right mindset looking at other builds, it will just take however long it takes) but i'm now hitching to get started. I really hope the extra wait for the Ash body will be worth it.

I'm generally not good at building stuff and never really worked with wood, so this could get very interesting. Just hoping I won't make too much of a mess out of it, and really looking forward to learn heaps in the process. Patience and proper research would be key here, along with some support from this group

So, RCA, Rick looking bass. Finish-wise I've just ordered the Wudtone Surfer Girl, which i find stunning with silver accents. Big change from all my purchased basses which have always been black or dark tinted but I want this one to be a fun and bubbly thing - so that tint would work perfectly. Not sure about how to go about it but I would like to incorporate some glitter (yes, really!) into the binding - we'll see about that. Apart from that, being a first build, I think keeping it simple and stock standard is probably wise, and I can attempt get fancy on future builds.

More to come when the kit arrives!
In the meantime, i'm off to practicing my sanding....

Cheers!