Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

Mhmm after using Windows 10 since the update came out I'm really enjoying it, definitely a very nice OS, MUCH better than 8.1...

Quote Originally Posted by keloooe View Post
    Mhmm after using Windows 10 since the update came out I'm really enjoying it, definitely a very nice OS, MUCH better than 8.1...

for me, Windows 10 seems to be a lot more intuitive than Windows 8.1 was, in Windows 8.1 it didn't make a lot of sense to me to have all the app-icons on the start menu screen when I could put my most used apps on the taskbar for quicker access, I guess I'm too used to how Windows 7 worked, but with Windows 10 I'm happy.

A lot of the negative criticisms of Windows 8/8.1 were to do with the start menu.

Update:

Just found out that Microsoft are scheduled to release Threshold 2 on Tuesday the 10th of November next week, Threshold 2 is a big downloadable update for Windows 10 that will add brand new features and tweaks to Microsoft's latest operating system, I'm not sure exactly how big the file size will be but I am so glad that I managed to get myself connected to Australia's NBN system in time so that I would have plenty of data download capacity so I wouldn't end up having to pay too much in recharge vouchers.

Update:

The supposed November 10th 2015 release date has come and gone, apparently it was actually supposed to be released on the 12th November, but so far I haven't seen hide nor hair of the Threshold 2 update, and it's 11:21pm at the moment so in about an hour's time it'll be the 13th November.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 12-11-2015 at 08:53 PM.

I finally did the upgrade to Windows 10 Threshold 2 (the previous install was Threshold 1) last night, everything went really smoothly without any serious glitches, first impressions is that the latest major update to Windows 10 is a very zippy OS, I have encountered none of the issues that other people have complained about, this new installation works and seems to be really stable, what's more, I didn't have to go and download any drivers from the Dell website, Device Manager is reporting that everything is operating correctly right off the bat, one of the new features of Windows 10 Threshold 2 is Cortana, you can think of Cortana as being a virtual personal assistant, ask it anything you like and it will come up with answers, at the moment I don't have Cortana fully set up but am working on it.

The updated version of Microsoft's Edge Internet Browser seems to work really well, I'm still on early days with the new OS though.

All in all, I think that Windows 10 Threshold 2 is a much better OS than either Windows 8 or 8.1 was, big improvement, gone is the Windows 8 start menu that took up the whole screen and needed clicking on the Desktop icon tile just to get to the Desktop, it has been totally replaced by Windows 10's more familiar start menu, and Windows 10 Threshold 2 boots straight to the Desktop.

Yep my Windows 10 update went very smoothly. Best operating system Microsoft have done so far. I love it

Apparently the most recent reports on the internet have said that you can no longer download the Windows 10 Threshold 2 ISO using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool since Microsoft have "pulled" it from their server, and have made it a Windows Update download only.

Update:

From what I've read in the latest Windows 10 news updates on the Internet, the reason why Microsoft recently pulled the Windows 10 Threshold 2 update and clean installation ISO file from their server seems to have been because of a major update bug which reset some users privacy settings when updating to Threshold 2, more specifically the Threshold 2 update hijacked users privacy settings, apparently Microsoft have admitted that the bug existed and have come clean and fixed it, fresh installs have been fixed too so that they are easier to install, here's hoping that Microsoft have sorted everything out because I really think that Windows 10 is a great OS and definitely deserves a chance at succeeding.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/11...oad_explained/
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 26-11-2015 at 08:21 PM.

Update:

Microsoft just released a cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 Threshold 2 in the form of KB3124263, it's mostly some security updates, it brings Windows 10 Threshold 2 up to OS Build 10586.63.

http://www.windowscentral.com/window...e-pcs-download

Update:

Apparently Microsoft are going to be releasing another major update for Windows 10, called Redstone, sometime this year, but are delaying some features:

http://www.windowscentral.com/micros...pdate-features

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    Update:

Apparently Microsoft are going to be releasing another major update for Windows 10, called Redstone, sometime this year, but are delaying some features:

http://www.windowscentral.com/micros...pdate-features
    I'll keep eye on this on TDPRI and get back there are a few members who are very close to Redmond

Currently I'm on Windows 10 Threshold 2 OS Build 10586.104, ever since I upgraded to Threshold 2 I have had virtually no major issues so far, no BSODs, no major system freezes, etc, very much loving Windows 10, will be interesting to see how Redstone performs, and all the new features it'll add.

I remember playing around with Windows 3.11, remember that OS?, I would get the occasional system crash, I also have fond memories of Windows 98SE and still remember some of it's quirks and foibles, I lost count of the number of times I had to download a certain .dll file because it was missing for some reason, do you remember Windows 98SE's Disk Checker that sometimes ran if a boot up failed for some reason?

Windows XP had it's own quirks and foibles too, I remember having to do the .dll registering routine on numerous occasions just to get some things to work.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 18-02-2016 at 12:52 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast