Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

The best way to find thing like windows update or screen saver settings is just to type what you want in the "Search the web and windows" box and it brings up a list of things.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSmith View Post
    The best way to find thing like windows update or screen saver settings is just to type what you want in the "Search the web and windows" box and it brings up a list of things.

I tried that but it kept coming up with a "No Result" error, and when it did produce a list the item I was looking for couldn't be found, so I ended up having to do the clean re-install, which fixed the problems completely, hopefully it stays that way.

Dr Nomis do you think this is all because you didn't download the initial win 10 drivers ?

Quote Originally Posted by kimball492 View Post
    Dr Nomis do you think this is all because you didn't download the initial win 10 drivers ?

Probably not,since all the proper drivers for my laptop were downloaded/installed after I had activated Windows 10 online, I checked everything in device manager and it all looked good, the best I can come up with is that some files probably got corrupted when I experienced a system crash .

I think I have things back to normal now so hopefully my laptop stays working properly....touchwood
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 02-09-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Let's hope so goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by kimball492 View Post
    Let's hope so goodluck

Cheers, me too, I did a complete clean install of Windows 10 a few days ago (used my Windows 10 installation DVD to wipe the HDD clean and do a complete HDD reformat), so far it seems to be alright.

Great News DrNomis

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    used my Windows 10 installation DVD
    Get with the times Nomis! USB 3.0 drives all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by keloooe View Post
    Get with the times Nomis! USB 3.0 drives all the way!

Lol....see, I'm an "Old School" guy at heart.

I just did the upgrade to Windows 10 on my desktop PC which was running Windows 7 Home Premium a couple of days ago, strangely enough, everything went a lot smoother then it did with my laptop, have had no major issues with Windows 10 on my Desktop PC so far, no lockups or BSODs that other people have complained about so touchwood.

As a side-note:

I've finally bit the bullet and got myself connected to Australia's NBN system, my ISP is a company called Aussie Broadband, before I got myself connected to the NBN I had to plug in a 4G Wireless Broadband USB dongle to get online with my desktop PC or laptop, so, what prompted the move to the NBN?, basically it works out cheaper for me, with my USB dongle it was costing me $180.00 for 12Gb download/fortnight with Telstra but with Aussie Broadband it's only costing me $75.00 for 250Gb download/month (I'm on a 24 month plan), I did the sums and found that the NBN is only costing me about $03.30/Gb, as a bonus Aussie Broadband gave me double the data allowance for the first month which means 500Gb, yeah I could have stuck with Telstra but I needed to have some form of primary ID to even get signed up, whereas Aussie Broadband only needed my credit card details so they could bill me, Aussie Broadband are an Australian company, so far I've been very happy with my new NBN internet service.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 14-10-2015 at 06:02 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast