Thread: first time guitar built tl1-ar

first time guitar built tl1-ar

Hi guys,

Figure I'd document my first build, pretty sure i'll be asking questions along the way, have recently become addicted to telecasters, love the reclaimed pine ones that fender did last year. So decided I'm going to try my best to replicate it with my first diy build. Just unpackaged it today and was water to get started straight away. Finishing it it walnut stain and tru oil. Will post pictures here asking the way!!

Wish me luck guys

welcome and enjoy. A Tele is a great first build, lots of help here for you

How do I add pictures on a phone can't find the attachment button

Hi cyryne, welcome to the forum and good kit choice!
    Try uploading your images to a site called imgur (www.imgur.com) and use the image tags to post the link or click "Go Advanced" next to the quick reply button and scroll down a bit until you find the "Manage Attachments" button and use that to upload the images from your PC or Mac.

An example of the image tags would be like this: [img]image link pasted here[/img]

Right managed to attach two photos here.

So what I've done so far is i've sanded the guitar down to 400, then used ultra fine wire wool to sand it further. I then stained the guitar twice with walnut stain on the back and sides.

Guitar seems to be made of four pieces of wood, any recommendations to make it less noticeable, it' more obvious on the back than the front thankfully.

Should I sand more before applying tru oil??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_IMG_000000_000000.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	3156   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150515_214509120.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	3157