Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your herd

Quote Originally Posted by G-Axe View Post
    ZeroMick: That's an outstanding collection, and shown off to perfection.
    cheers man, show off to perfection but each and everyone gets played as well... no precious show pieces here haha.

These two are my latest additions to my guitar herd:

HotRod Strat:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HotRod A_resized.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	15638

And my Headless Guitar:

Name:	Headless Coolness_resized.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	239.4 KB 
ID:	15639

An all PBG lineup of completed builds so far

Name:	herd.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	461.5 KB 
ID:	16070
    Back row, l to r, and in build order;
    LP-1S, ES-2V, RC-4, re-shaped PBG-2(Astro)
    Front row, ESP-1 (creeping snakes), ES-3 (vintage-y es-3), FB-1M (Flames burls mahogany)

very nice NW

Rightio....I would like to introduce you to my newest addition to my guitar herd, this is my brand new Joey Jordison BC Rich Warlock II guitar:

Name:	Partners In Crime_resized.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	231.6 KB 
ID:	16202

It is leaning against my Marshall MA100C 2 X 12 100 Watt all valve guitar amp in my loungeroom, I bought it as a Christmas present for myself on lay by at the Top End Pro Music shop last year, and I paid it all off on the 3rd of January this year.

It cost me Au $720.00 all up, I am really happy with it so far, so, it's definitely a keeper.

It has a pretty nice buzz-free low action on it, which makes it pretty easy for me to play it without a bit of pain in my left hand, which I use for fretting (I'm right-handed), it only has two controls on it, a three-way pickup selector, and a single volume control, that's fine cause I very rarely touch the tone controls on my Hot Rod Strat, the two stock BC Rich pickups are humbuckers, and they sound fine and work for me, the guitar has a genuine Floyd Rose Special double-locking trem installed on it, and it seems to perform pretty well, definitely much better than the supposedly superior Ibanez Edge II ZR trem that's installed on my Ibanez RG350DXZ guitar, the body of the Warlock II is made from solid NATO Mahogany, from what I've read online, the 24 fret neck is Maple with what looks like a Rosewood fretboard, the fretboard has light-coloured dot markings along one edge, and there are no fretboard inlays apart from the Murderdolls insignia, in Red, the Murderdolls were a Horror-Punk band that formed in the early 2000's, which featured Joey Jordison (ex Slipknot drummer) on guitar.

I guess I have a thing for guitars with jagged-edges on them,eh?....lol.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 05-01-2017 at 10:01 PM.

6. Liked by: cade711

Nice score with that Marshall Doc...and good job paying it off bro!
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Quote Originally Posted by Andy40 View Post
    Nice score with that Marshall Doc...and good job paying it off bro!

Cheers bro, that Marshall amp was an expensive bit of kit to buy, I think from memory it cost me something like Au$1300.00, I bought it on lay by from Sounds Of Music in Casuarina a few years ago, but I couldn't do much gigging with it because it had a nasty habit of blowing fuses at random times, it took me at least a year of waiting for a local Tech to fix it for me so that it no longer blew fuses, turned out that the power transformer was really designed to run on 230V AC rather than our 240V AC system, that meant that the +HT being supplied to the power valves was higher than they could withstand, it's all good now and I can gig with it.

It's worth paying the money for expensive gear, since you get better sound from it, how's your new amp going?
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 06-01-2017 at 02:36 PM.

You might have to invest in a Hercules or Selby style guitar stand Doc. Something that only holds the guitar by the neck. The design of that body will not sit properly in a normal guitar stand, and from what you've said before, I doubt your Landlords would be happy about you putting holes in your walls to install a wall hanger!!
    Acoustics:
    1995 Maton EM725C - Solid 'A' Spruce Top, QLD Walnut B&S, AP5 Pickup
    2015 Ibanez AEL108MD-NT - Laminated Spruce top, Laminated Mahogany B&S, Fishman Sonicore Pickup

Electrics:
    Pitbull LP-1S - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=5745
    Carsen Superstrat Rebuild - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6284

Builds in Progress:
    Silent Guitar Semi-Scratch Build - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6809

Quote Originally Posted by Zandit75 View Post
    You might have to invest in a Hercules or Selby style guitar stand Doc. Something that only holds the guitar by the neck. The design of that body will not sit properly in a normal guitar stand, and from what you've said before, I doubt your Landlords would be happy about you putting holes in your walls to install a wall hanger!!

You're right, I guess there's nothing stopping me from designing a suitable guitar stand for the Warlock though, might be an interesting project for this year.

Ok, here's my little collection of beauties:

From left to right: Fender Stratocaster USA 1977 (bought in London in 1978), Squier lefty Stratocaster (righthand stringed) '82 re-issue, Fender Stratocaster MIM '62 re-issue and the last is an Epiphone UltraIII (bought in the same shop in London where I bought the Olympic White strat).

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast