Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Extramural Activities, Hidden Talents and Hobbies...

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    Some nice aliens there, I suspect you and Deady could swap notes.

No.1 son had a chipped XR6T and whilst it went hard I felt it had no soul it was a very disconnected driving experience and the fuel gauge dropped at a frightening rate ( was capable of spinning the wheels at lock me up freeway speeds )
    Yeah. Fuel seems like ist always in short supply, but you’re right - cruising down the freeway, it has the audacity to kick into another gear when I floor it! Lots of torque off the mark. It’ll lock up in first if you hammer it real hard for that wheel spin. But I’m sensible! :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    Note. I get my thrills on the track, the road is no place for heroes and wannabes
    Agreed with absolutely no reservations. I spend most of my day driving to and from clients, or doing distance between client sites in regional areas. There are far too many people driving like they think they are F1 or WRC calibre, and another good crop that drive oblivious to road condition, road works restrictions, spacial reality and road rules.
    I have a supercharged V8, it does not make me a V8 Supercar driver and I drive it in accordance with that logic.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

3. Liked by: darryl.bellotti

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    Agreed with absolutely no reservations. I spend most of my day driving to and from clients, or doing distance between client sites in regional areas. There are far too many people driving like they think they are F1 or WRC calibre, and another good crop that drive oblivious to road condition, road works restrictions, spacial reality and road rules.
    I have a supercharged V8, it does not make me a V8 Supercar driver and I drive it in accordance with that logic.
    Exactly. Everyone thinks it’s a race to the next red light most the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    Nice illustration work Darryl. One of my favourite franchises..even after the last few movies . I worked in film and video for a while. Made me want to poke my eyes out.
    Ridley had us doing 10 hour days minimum. By the time I got back to where I was staying each day, I pretty much ate and flaked out straight away! One cool thing about working on a big film like that was the food!! Oh man - we ate like royalty every day. I would have just worked for the food alone! But it was a cool experience. Seeing your work on the big screen is cool.

I worked on Red Dog: True Blue also. Script and artwork stuff. That was pretty cool too but different experience to AC.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    I mostly worked on promos and advertising. Made some short films. Heaps of storyboarding.

I took a job with the NT police making training videos, 2 years of that was enough for me. I still do the odd bit of work here and there for some friends in the industry, but I've pulled back a lot as its so creatively exhausting. I had a job with Disney through a friends production company that went from being 6 concepts to 144 drawings including animation frames and nearly had a breakdown.

Boring old signage pays the bills and lets me do my own thing creatively.

I had a look at your Facebook page, some nice gigs there man. You approach to contemporary Indigenous work is good to see, I went to art school with Christian Thompson who certainly knows how to break that mould as well. He is also one of the funniest people I've ever met, really happy to see how well he's done for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by darryl.bellotti View Post
    Exactly. Everyone thinks it’s a race to the next red light most the time!

Oh yeah! I know that game. They can have the "win", I have more respect for my clutch and brakes than that.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Just passed my first milestone at 360 Martial Arts & Fitness(Shameless plug, I know!!)
    I now have my blue belt with white stripe! I finally have some colour on my belt!
    I am so sore and tender today!! There were a few things that we were not advised about, and we had to do some grappling and about 10mins of sparring. I though I was going to pass out at one point!
    Here's some quick videos, courtesy of my wife who came along to watch on the night of our 20th wedding anniversary!
    https://www.facebook.com/daniel.quai...7774019946183/

https://www.facebook.com/daniel.quai...7776586612593/

https://www.facebook.com/daniel.quai...7777173279201/

Do you see my Sifu Tracey lurking in the background? We were going through our forms, and she was testing how tense we were, and focused. When she got to me, I copped a punch in the stomach, which I was ready for, but it was a lot harder than I expected, and even she shocked herself!!! Tracey gasped and apologized straight away, and I just laughed!! Good times!!
    Acoustics:
    1995 Maton EM725C - Solid 'A' Spruce Top, QLD Walnut B&S, AP5 Pickup
    2015 Ibanez AEL108MD-NT - Laminated Spruce top, Laminated Mahogany B&S, Fishman Sonicore Pickup

Electrics:
    Pitbull LP-1S - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=5745
    Carsen Superstrat Rebuild - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6284

Builds in Progress:
    Silent Guitar Semi-Scratch Build - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6809

Quote Originally Posted by darryl.bellotti View Post
    Ridley had us doing 10 hour days minimum. By the time I got back to where I was staying each day, I pretty much ate and flaked out straight away! One cool thing about working on a big film like that was the food!! Oh man - we ate like royalty every day. I would have just worked for the food alone! But it was a cool experience. Seeing your work on the big screen is cool.

I worked on Red Dog: True Blue also. Script and artwork stuff. That was pretty cool too but different experience to AC.

I did props on Space-Above and Below, Time Trax, the pilot of Lost World, the Phantom (before they moved to the Phillipines),Fiddlers Green. The movie industry is a young man's job, 12 hour days 6 days a week for 3 to 5 months then nothing for 6 months or more.
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

too hot for the next few months to do any guitar making, so...back to art.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spy-shooter.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	23571
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom