Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Extramural Activities, Hidden Talents and Hobbies...

Bargey - Nice art mate, also:

if it is a crank or cam sensor, you'd most likely get fail to start in general. It might be intermittent, but not as likely...

It sounds like fuel vaporisation.

Computers arent that scarey, they simply coordinate the sensors and inputs, and adjust stuff like timing and fuel flow etc accordingly.

Cars for me too. Had a 1.6 mk4 Golf and put in an Audi A3 1.8 turbo. Stage 2 tune and downpipe, lowered, and stuff. Plenty of computer fiddling. Still have a garage full of bits to go in it.

I also do mechanical watch builds and repairs.

Golf build thread here (you dont have to log in to read it):

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...-8t-63249.html

art for me too. Also do a bit of kayaking/fishing.

Plenty of gaming too

Quote Originally Posted by bargeloobs View Post
    Give me an older car to work on any day of the week, the moment they started putting computers in cars things all turned pear shaped!
    I've got a VX at the moment that will just stop at random intervals just when you need it to least, sometimes it starts straight back up, other times you have to wait half and hour...an hour, imagine how much fun that is on a hot day with the kids in the car.
    Went to the trouble of buying a diagnostics cable/software and have since replaced the fuel filiter, 2 O2 sensors, the ignition module and the coil pack after receiving those error codes on the diagnostics, long story short, it's still doing it....and giving me the same error codes even after replacing. Now I'm getting errors for the camshaft sensor and the crankshaft sensor which I can't do myself anyway because you need a special tool to get the pulley off the front of the motor.
    Computers.....overrated! (and not as smart as they make out)
    Definitely sounds like crank angle sensor, when they start to fail they go when hot, tip a bottle of water over it and it will fire up again. They can keep running when failed as the computer knows the crank position, or near enough, but when you switch it off then go to restart it has no starting reference.
    Last edited by Brendan; 23-12-2015 at 09:21 AM.

ah yes TC, I think you are on to something there

Niko: nice work mate!

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    I guess building and playing guitars is a given on here.

I have posted this elsewhere, but this one is my 4th car build from scratch ( not a kit ) and I may do one more. This was at Eastern Creek in August last year
    Very nice man:-) I'd love to see your workshop

Quote Originally Posted by andrewdosborne View Post
    Barge, awesome artwork now I know where your guitar design talent comes from! In our house apart from guitars and everything else related building model aeroplanes or anything else that flies is the flavour of the moment. We currently spend quite a bit of time naffing around with a remote control helicopter which is fun.
    I used to love building model airplanes as a young fella, I could probably still rattle them all off if I thought about it. Had a Lancaster bomber (1:72) which used to be my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Bargey - Nice art mate, also:
    Computers arent that scarey, they simply coordinate the sensors and inputs, and adjust stuff like timing and fuel flow etc accordingly.

Cars for me too. Had a 1.6 mk4 Golf and put in an Audi A3 1.8 turbo. Stage 2 tune and downpipe, lowered, and stuff. Plenty of computer fiddling. Still have a garage full of bits to go in it.

I also do mechanical watch builds and repairs.

Golf build thread here (you dont have to log in to read it):

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...-8t-63249.html
    Build looks really interesting Stan, cool stuff alright:-)
    It's not that I find computers scary, they just frustrate me when I fix something, reset and still receive the same error code coming up. I'm literally throwing money down the toilet with this car.
    Last edited by Brendan; 23-12-2015 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickosaurus View Post

art for me too. Also do a bit of kayaking/fishing.

Plenty of gaming too
    I'm diggin' that bro, wicked:-)

Quote Originally Posted by TC1600 View Post
    Definitely sounds like crank angle sensor, when they start to fail they go when hot, tip a bottle of water over it and it will fire up again. They can keep running when failed as the computer knows the crank position, or near enough, but when you switch it off then go to restart it has no starting reference.
    I'd be inclined to agree here too, obviously working through the easier stuff hasn't given a result.

Quote Originally Posted by bargeloobs View Post
    I'd be inclined to agree here too, obviously working through the easier stuff hasn't given a result.
    A hammer should fix it

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast