Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Tele Plus" writes its first song.

Copycat thread!

I can't really master, but I mix on headphones so it's probably a good idea to listen on them.

https://soundcloud.com/ihasmario/sleeper

:> Hope you enjoy my bad playing and singing and all that

Overlord of Music
    Thumbs up. I can dig it.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Thanks Pabs. It's not finished and some parts will probably change but it's going on the backburner for some other stuff now that its more or less presentable.

Had a listen through my monitors and yeah..a pretty solid mix alright, nice job! Track has a very Radiohead-esque feel about it too which is something I find really appealing. Lovin' the trap beats thrown in there.
    Choice one!

sounds good Chris, got to be happy with the tele sound. Are they stock pups or upgrades ?
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Thanks Barge. I think the vocals need to be redone for diction. Didn't know trap was a thing, I don't think I like the drums, though

Wokka - Bridge is a Lace Sensor "Dually" Red and Neck is Lace Sensor "Blue". I think for most of it I am using both at the same time. The delayed effect in the chorus is how the guitar sounds "clean" (but obviously it has reverb and delay)

Overlord of Music
    I've been thinking more about this track today. I originally got the Radiohead vibe, but there was something else that really clicked with me. Have you listened to much The Album Leaf? If not, you might like it.
    [embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yv6Gn911uc[/embed]
    Keep it up dude!
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

No I haven't, but from this track I really like it. Definitely my kind of thing. I'm looking to redo the drums on mine, I think they did a better version than me. Also their cymbals are much better sounding - swapping samples is something I am going to do. I've also got to mix up my beatrepeat more, like they did. And I think I am going to rework it so it's less chorus/verse and more through composed, like the kind of vibe the album leaf was giving.

My biggest influences are probably Bjork, Radiohead and an ambient group called Carbon Based Lifeforms.

The album leaf reminds me of CBL, but in a more techy way.

Have you listened to much Deathprod? This track in particular has a similar thing to the above track you linked, where it's the same kind of thing but more layers come out and you get drawn in. Much darker, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLUFEEZMOtw

Overlord of Music
    OK, 2 minutes in, I was thinking "garbage". At about 6 minutes I realised it was like a game of sonic spot the difference. At 11 minutes I think I melted into the couch for a while. Dude.

Haha I know right. Same thing here. Same kind of thing for the album leaf for me, but it started easier to digest because it wasnt as repetitive as the deathprod.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast