Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pitbull guitar stock parts

Quote Originally Posted by bargeloobs View Post
    What string is giving you the problems?
    Does it only chime when strumming open or when fretted too and if so does it chime all the way up the neck?
    Have the frets been leveled at all (could be something as simple as a high fret)?
    Don't spose you could post an audio clip of the "said" noise, And maybe some pics of the guitar itself, fretboard, action and the nut.
    Have you considered the issue maybe coming from the tremolo?

I'm sure (and I bet others would agree) this would be fixable without having to replace the neck. I know mighty mite necks are pretty pricey and there's still no guarantee you'll get a decent fit. It's just a matter of working through the issues, probably starting with a good bone nut but there's definitely others on here more qualified to get to the bottom of this than me.

It's mostly the high E-String, and to a lesser extent the B-String, I traced the problem to the LSR Nut, basically what was happening was that the string was vibrating against one of the ball bearings and causing the sitar-buzzing, I since tried replacing the LSR Nut with a bone nut I had but that necessitated narrowing the slot, anyway I had to file the nut slots in the bone nut down to get the 1st fret action right, but things went pear shaped, looks like I'm going to have to replace the neck after all as I think it's gone bad, I've ruled out it being the bridge as it's a Super Vee Bladerunner bridge, since my Strat is in an unplayable condition now I can't record a soundclip of the sitar-noise, I can't also post any pics as my Digital Camera is not working properly anymore and needs replacing.

I might have to cut my losses and completely replace my Mexican Strat.

Might be a good excuse for me to buy and build a Strat kit this year.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 16-01-2015 at 01:27 AM.

I've heard that sitar sound on one of my guitars it was down to the guitar not having a string tree on the headstock . Maybe you already have one but worth a check mine actually had one but it didn't sit low enough to make the string ring true. Once I lowered the string tree all was good .

Hope it helps
    Kimball
    Last edited by kimball492; 08-02-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Hi all,
    What are the stock bass tuners like? About to get IB-5.
    I hadn't used kit tuners on my previous two builds, but this last time I thought I'd give em a try. (LP-1M)
    Talk about shite!
    One was very stiff, which I could excuse, but another had a full half turn of slack in adjustment.
    Of course I immediately bought replacements (Wilkinsons from Realparts), and fortunately the screw holes matched.
    But it would be a pain to leave holes because of necessary replacements.
    Any bass players out there care to comment?
    Stewmac strat, tele
    DIY starcaster
    PBG LP-1M x2
    HB-4 x2(L)
    12 string strats x3
    Ex1(L) Ex1(R)
    TBJ5
    PB4(L)
    PBG2
    IB-5(L)
    ES-1TL x2
    scratch lapsteel (half finished)
    AG-1(L)

Overlord of Music
    They are a bit of a crapshoot unfortunately. I've had a set that has worked perfectly and a set where one almost seized up as soon as it had tension put on it. But, that was with the vintage style open gear tuners. The sealed tuners that come with the IB-5 are generally a bit more forgiving. That said, nine times out of ten I put upgraded tuners on from the get go.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3