Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: my first build (pbg-2)

hello,

this is my first build and it is of the pbg-2 guitar kit.

i bought the kit a while ago but due to me customizing the kit with a t-type head it took a while to get here in the U.K.

when it arrived i was in the middle of doing exams so i couldn't start it and when i eventually started the build i started taking pictures but only just got round to making this build diary.

i seem to have lost the first few pictures i had of the project, but these are the pictures of what i have got.

the inspiration for this guitar comes from many other guitars but mainly from Matt Bellamy's "Manson Ali Top" guitar (i'm a big Muse fan )

i started off my using dowel to plug the holes that were already cut out, it took a lot effort (and glue) but it worked, i then painted the body with wood primer.

after a few more coats of primer i started to drill the new holes for the volume pot (i kept one of them there for the tone)

after sanding and priming and more sanding and priming i drilled the hole for the switch and it was ready for the spray primer

after a few coats of the spray primer and a bit more sanding it was ready for the glitter silver spray paint to go on

about 5 coats later is where we are at at the moment

we did this same process to the headstock of the guitar

the camera on my phone doesn't really do justice the shine of the glitter but at the moment i think it looks goodd

at the moment there isn't much for me do because my dad is out at the moment but i drew around the edge of the guitar so that i could make this template to do the silver burst that we're going to try soon,

that's where i am up to with this build so far,

thanks for reading,

alex

Well done Aex, and welcome to the forum! We are a really friendly bunch here and because we want you to feel welcome we wont mention anything about the Cricket .
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

Great work so far Alex! Looking forward to seeing how the burst goes!

cheers,
    Gav.
    --
    Build #01: BC-1
    Build #02: ST-1
    Build #03: JR-1DC
    Build #04: ES-2V
    Build #05: ESB-4 (GOTM July 2014)
    Build #06: RC-1
    Build #07: MK-2
    Build #08: TLA-1
    Build #09: JR-1DC
    Build #0A: LPA-1
    Build #0B: STA-1 (GOTM April 2015)
    Build #0C: MKA-2
    Build #0D: LP-1M
    Build #0E: JB-1
    Build #0F: FS-1

Find me:
    https://www.facebook.com/firescreek.guitars/
    http://www.guitarkitbuilder.blogspot.com.au/

Mentor
    Welcome Alex. It is indeed looking good. Keep the updates coming with lots of pictures and have fun building the guitar you want.
    And don't pay any attention to Gav. We will probably mention the cricket a lot. Unless things change ;-)
    Cheers.

looks great so far Alex, welcome

Welcome along Alex - great to see people picking up PBG gear from outside Australia.

Hey Alex, welcome aboard. I was wondering how you were going with your custom order PBG-2 kit. Looking great so far. I look forward to seeing how this one turns out.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

yeah i know, the crickets not going great for us, my local town plays better than England are at the moment!

anyway, this morning i checked on the burst that we did last night and the burst worked fine but the boxes we used to hold up the template left a mark which is a shame because it worked really well.

so we had to spray over the squares left behind and around them to get the silver back.

i'm now waiting for the silver to dry and then i can try the burst again

thankfully we only did the back and we're going to use the cavity for the springs of the trem to put the boxes in,

now to catch up with the cricket

thanks for reading,

alex

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast