Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pickguards

Hey!! I have searched everywhere, to no avail,... so I thought as a last resort I might ask here and see if anyone could point me in the right direction -

I am after a (blank preferably) black and white checkered pickguard sheet, I found one place in America that have the material, but they only sell it in massive sheets, considering I only want about 20CM x 20CM, that doesn't seem like a viable option!

Any help would be much appreciated! thanks in advance!!

http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

eBay is always your best friend if you can't find anything good...

What the ? I searched eBay!!! All I could find were a couple that had a checkered look, but were sort of distorted, like checkered patterns on an angle - not what I am after.

I did not see that strat one though, I spose I should look harder maybe, hopefully someone has them in blanks!!!

Overlord of Music
    Have you considered making one yourself? You could use edging tape to mask the one you have already and paint it (what have you got to lose?) or, if it were me, I would use vinyl (the sticky stuff not the record stuff). You could probably go to a sign shop and ask them to sell you a strip for $5/$10, cut a bunch of squares and carefully lay them on in the pattern you want.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Great idea Pablo!!!

Overlord of Music
    I have to ask; cheap trick or the specials?
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

I like the "thinking outside the box" on this one. A scratch plate's job is what it says; to protect the body from plectrum scratches. You could make it out of anything you like really; wood, vinyl, leather?? And once you settle on a material you can paint it whatever colour/design you want.

Ok, the first to put a black leather scratch plate on their kit gets an official "Pit Bull Guitars Nod of Approval".

On second thoughts, I just did a Google image search for leather scratch plates and... well... just don't do it.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

I've seen leather used before, I prefer plastic or wood, wood looks cool!

Good idea Pablo, I am thinking if I can't find the material I want (I have sent a stack of emails out asking some different companies if they can supply it) then I could always buy some checkerboard contact adhesive and apply that to a pickguard....

Oh, and not really The Specials or Cheap Trick, more so a SKA look!!

Leather ? not sure I like the idea, or the look (I did google it Adam, looks pretty ordinary) I suppose if you were going for a crocodile dundee theme it could work!!

Cheers!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast