Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The DB Pick-up Winder

I figured I should give a better account of the bending of the Reed switch in case someone thinks I mean't to bend the actual glass. Care must be taken in bending the Reed Switch because the glass covering the Reed Switch is very thin and prone to crumbling.

The next part in the process is to begin connecting up the components. Good place to start is with the wiring of the on/off switch.

The motor controller is placed into its position and wired up to the Potentiometer.
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

Hereis th wiring diagram 'borrowed' from the Telecaster forum drawn up by Nosmo who is the inspiration behind my unit. Note that I used a 24v circuit whereas the drawing depicts a 12v....

The following picture is a closeup for the finished pickup holder with the positioning of the reed switch. I figured I wouldn't bore everyone with a bunch of wires being shown soldered up.You have the wiring diagram so should be easy from there?

Final gluing up! will ask DB to post a few pics once he gets it home.

http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

I'm enjoying this in a completely voyeuristic way. Can't see myself ever building one, but enjoying watching someone else do it. Oh, and I love my Irwin quick grips, some of the most useful tools in my shed. The only way they could be better is if they were the ones that reverse, so that they can push as well as pull (if you take my meaning).

GGP

Get the meaning perfectly GGP! have often had aneed for such clamp. I have a ton of clamps in my workshop. Can anyone tell me what this clamp is called?

Ah! and whileI have your attention. Pickup wire can be obtained from www.brocott.co.uk

Quote from Gavin1393 on January 27, 2013, 14:28
    Quote from dingobass on January 27, 2013, 14:12
    Very Welcome! It was good meet up and on Australia Day too!
    Might have to get you to put up a few of the 'finished' pics....
    Was a top night!
    Great to meet the Gavmeister and his family.
    The Braai (South African for BBQ) was excellent, Great company and many laughs.

I hope that one day in the future we can have a get together of all the forum members.
    The exchange of information and the camaraderie we have on this forum is unique, I have made some wonderful friends through it.

Anyhoo, I have got gear for making my first pups on order and I will post progress pics of my first pup winding experience soon!

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Quote from Gavin1393 on January 27, 2013, 17:41
    Get the meaning perfectly GGP! have often had aneed for such clamp. I have a ton of clamps in my workshop. Can anyone tell me what this clamp is called?

GAY bar!...Hahahahahaha! (in house joke there folks)
    all it needs is some strobe lights......(evil Luthiers chuckle) :P

Seriously though, spoilers aside, does any one know what this clamp is called and what it is for?

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Quote from GlennGP on January 27, 2013, 15:30
    I'm enjoying this in a completely voyeuristic way. Can't see myself ever building one, but enjoying watching someone else do it. Oh, and I love my Irwin quick grips, some of the most useful tools in my shed. The only way they could be better is if they were the ones that reverse, so that they can push as well as pull (if you take my meaning).

GGP
    Irwin do make a reversible quick grip clamp Glenn.

Quote from dingobass on January 27, 2013, 23:08
    Quote from Gavin1393 on January 27, 2013, 14:28
    Quote from dingobass on January 27, 2013, 14:12
    Very Welcome! It was good meet up and on Australia Day too!
    Might have to get you to put up a few of the 'finished' pics....
    Was a top night!
    Great to meet the Gavmeister and his family.
    The Braai (South African for BBQ) was excellent, Great company and many laughs.

I hope that one day in the future we can have a get together of all the forum members.
    The exchange of information and the camaraderie we have on this forum is unique, I have made some wonderful friends through it.

Anyhoo, I have got gear for making my first pups on order and I will post progress pics of my first pup winding experience soon!

Your shouting me the plane tickets!!! Ooorrrrr... Come over to the awesome place we call Melbourne???

Quote from GlennGP on January 27, 2013, 15:30
    Oh, and I love my Irwin quick grips, some of the most useful tools in my shed. The only way they could be better is if they were the ones that reverse, so that they can push as well as pull (if you take my meaning).

GGP
    Not sure if this is what you were looking for Glenn - my quickgrips can swap the end of the "grip" - one has a clip sort of affair (yellow bit on bottom) and the other a screw affair... Now if you squeeze the handle, they push apart..

definitely going to have a go at one of these gizmos
    Projects:
    LP-1A
    TL1-A
    LP-1Completed
    TL-1Completed
    Yamaha rebuild: Completed
    Mako -Scratch designed: Completed
    PUP winder: Completed

Facebook : www.facebook.com/andrew.johns.1272010

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast