Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Frequently Asked Questions

Here is a list of the more frequently asked questions from our customers.

1. I live in Perth, can I come and inspect the kits before I purchase?

A. In short, no. Pit Bull Guitars is an e-Store, which means that we operate exclusively online. We do not maintain a showroom to inspect the product. This is one of the reasons we can offer such great product at such reasonable prices. If we had to maintain a "bricks and mortar" store we would be paying rent, electricity, staff wages and many more "incidentals". By limiting our overheads, we can operate on a very slim margin and offer complete electric guitar kits from only $99.

We are required, by law, to have a Registered Office, which is advertised clearly on our home page. Please note that there is no product kept at this address. Our kits are stored and distributed by an external third party.

2. What does your company have against left-handed people?

A. Hey! Some of our dearest friends are left-handed! But seriously, we have committed to stocking the ST-1, TL-1 and LP-1 kits in left handed versions. These will be in stock from late December 2012. Any kit you see on the site is available to order in a lefty configuration, you just need to contact us and place a special order, with a 50% deposit. Email adam@pitbullguitars.com with your special order.

3. Can I return a product I'm not 100% happy with?

Absolutely! We offer a full guarantee that our product is exactly what you were expecting (or more than you were expecting). If any product does not meet your expectations, email adam@pitbullguitars.com with your specific issue and Adam will arrange a return, refund or credit as appropriate.

For a full run down on our terms and conditions, please refer here: http://pitbullguitars.com/?page_id=6.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Pick-up specifications - any chance you can provide some info on the pick-ups supplied with the TL-1? My brother has access to a bunch of pick-ups from a liquidated Billy Hyde store, and is therefore trying to work out whether it would be worthwhile replacing the supplied pick-ups with some from the liquidated stock. I think I'll just fit the supplied ones and see how they sound, and he can replace them if he really wants to, but it would be good to have some info about the pick-ups, nevertheless.

Quote from GlennGP on January 8, 2013, 18:09
    Pick-up specifications - any chance you can provide some info on the pick-ups supplied with the TL-1? My brother has access to a bunch of pick-ups from a liquidated Billy Hyde store, and is therefore trying to work out whether it would be worthwhile replacing the supplied pick-ups with some from the liquidated stock. I think I'll just fit the supplied ones and see how they sound, and he can replace them if he really wants to, but it would be good to have some info about the pick-ups, nevertheless.

GRAB THEM!!!!!!

The pups supplied are pretty much standard in size, so they should pop right in.

Besides, any chance to get cheap pups is one not to be missed!

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Okie-dokie - they shall be grabbed!

I have another question:

Base coat: the instructional video about preparing the body is pretty explicit about using acrylic paint for the base coat, but doesn't specify whether it should matte or gloss or even a primer/sealer/undercoat. I'm not sure if it even matters, but it would be useful to know what was used in the video. I have some primer/sealer/undercoat in the shed, and naturally I'd love to not have to buy more paint!

So, actually, two questions:

1. What type of paint is used for the base coat in the video?

2. Does the finish of the base coat matter, as long as it's even and smooth in preparation for the colour?

Quote from GlennGP on January 8, 2013, 19:51
    Okie-dokie - they shall be grabbed!

I have another question:

Base coat: the instructional video about preparing the body is pretty explicit about using acrylic paint for the base coat, but doesn't specify whether it should matte or gloss or even a primer/sealer/undercoat. I'm not sure if it even matters, but it would be useful to know what was used in the video. I have some primer/sealer/undercoat in the shed, and naturally I'd love to not have to buy more paint!

So, actually, two questions:

1. What type of paint is used for the base coat in the video?

2. Does the finish of the base coat matter, as long as it's even and smooth in preparation for the colour?
    I believe it is an undercoat/ primer... Is that right Adam?

It is best to use a matte undercoat/ primer, as you will have to sand it back between coats.

Have you got spray equipment? trying to brush paint your Axe will not give you the desired effect.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Glenn, have you checked out WUDTONE yet? Most of us are using this product as it is way less messy and wasteful than spraying. You get a far more controlled finish and it will cost you probably less than half the price of using cans?
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

Hi Glenn,

In the video, with the EX-1, we used a standard Bunnings acrylic paint (white), and we did two coats, sanding back between each.

I have to admit, we were pretty green when we did those videos, so, had we known about Wudtone finishes, we wouldn't have bothered with the acrylic spray videos.

In fact, we're working on a replacement video which will show how the Wudtone is applied (isn't that right DB?)

Gavin is right, the Wudtone will cost you less than a can of undercoat, a couple of cans of colour acrylic spray and a can of gloss acrylic spray.

Wudtone also comes with instructions.

Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Quote from adam on January 8, 2013, 22:02
    Hi Glenn,

In the video, with the EX-1, we used a standard Bunnings acrylic paint (white), and we did two coats, sanding back between each.

I have to admit, we were pretty green when we did those videos, so, had we known about Wudtone finishes, we wouldn't have bothered with the acrylic spray videos.

In fact, we're working on a replacement video which will show how the Wudtone is applied (isn't that right DB?)

Gavin is right, the Wudtone will cost you less than a can of undercoat, a couple of cans of colour acrylic spray and a can of gloss acrylic spray.

Yes Adam, the video is just about done!

I just need to do a rough edit and send it to you for final production 8-)

Quote from dingobass on January 8, 2013, 22:04
    Quote from adam on January 8, 2013, 22:02
    Hi Glenn,

Yes Adam, the video is just about done!

I just need to do a rough edit and send it to you for final production 8-)
    Yay!!! Wudtone vids!!!! Oh, and DB, how does Dark Onyx w/gold highlights and Vntage Amber sound on the LP-1????

Well, having just perused the Wudtone website, and as long as their claims to superior tone are borne out by experience, why would you do anything else?! Another question, then - who is their Australian supplier?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast