Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Kick's first build LP-1MQ Red Widow

I like it Kick.. the only thing I see is the back leg of the spider looks like it is need of repair. The truss rod cover is great but I would paint the wording in black or print it in black if possible. I know nothing about 3D printers. But you better be careful everyone will want a truss rod cover once they see what you can do.. I already do.. LOl

It is rigid and I also find the two a bit to much. Perhaps should I only use the trusrodcover?

The leg of the spider is a bit crackly indeed...
    Nr 1: Red Widow LP-1MQ (Finished) ->Diary<-

Nice!
    I'd mask off a shape on the spiders body and then spray paint it gloss black and also spray paint the truss rod cover the sane colour and then lightly sand back the top of the letters. That will make the red the highlight on both rather than the main colour.
    A light sand before painting would also even out the surface if desired.
    The 3d printing has turned out really well though. Very impressive!

Thanks Drummerdude and Billb, I'm only a beginner in the 3D printing stuff.

I'm thinking of printing the trusrodcover again by printing it in two runs; first run is the cover itself, 2mm thick, printed in red (or black) and then leave the cover on the printboard. Next run will be printing the text and this text must be elevated 2mm (on the Z-axis) so that it will print directly on the cover.

For that I need to put down the exact location (the X- and Y-axis) of the cover and the text. If it is correctly set the print will be a red or black cover with reversed colored text.

Sounds like a nice experiment for a rainy day

Better you than me Kick.. give me a hammer and wood I will build you something but give me a computer and a 3D printer and I will be on the phone with tech support.. I think the contrast of the wording will make it pop. Good luck

That's too cool Kick, I like the idea of the two colour print. It would be awesome to get some step by step pics as you go!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

great trussrod cover Kick, I'll be putting my order in at the same time as Drummerdude. For me the spider is a bit much but it's not my build it's yours, if you like it use it.

Haha, thanks guys! I think I'll drop the spider so I can finetune the trusrodcover in two colors. Nice idea to make pictures so I'll do so and post them here.

Warm and humid here today, can't move without sweating buckets. Hardly any breeze, which doesn't help.

Unless you can inlay it, then the spider does seem a bit thick to stick on the headstock. You're obviously still getting the hang of the 3D printing, so don't feel committed to using your first attempts. I'm sure you'll refine things as they go along.

Just had to buy a new PC monitor as my almost 10-year old flat-screen seemed to have failed yesterday. New one came - plugged it in - nothing. Tried a new video cable - success! Not too fussed about getting a new monitor (instead of just a new cable) as it is bigger and sharper than the old one, but I was cut off from the internet (except on my mobile) until it came!

You are right Simon; I'm still in the learning proces of 3D printing as well as building your own guitar for that matter

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast