Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Barnseys GR-1SF

Thanks dfefster

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Barnes View Post
    Attachment 23023Attachment 23024Attachment 23025Attachment 23026Attachment 23027im a sucker for hollow bodies.The new project turned up this week, thanks adam. Ebony timbermate the top, back and headstock today, the plan is to use DT bushfire sunrise on the top and back and leave the neck and sides clear
    Hi Barnsey, absolutely love the finish on this guitar. Stunning. Take a bow!!
    I've just received a spalted maple LP hollow-body and was interested in the method you used to ebony timbermate the body. Just slather it on and wipe it down? Let it set then sand it down? Something other?? I'm tossing up between Coolongatta gold or Bushfire like yours.
    Cheerrs mate
    djefster

Quote Originally Posted by djefster View Post
    Hi Barnsey, absolutely love the finish on this guitar. Stunning. Take a bow!!
    I've just received a spalted maple LP hollow-body and was interested in the method you used to ebony timbermate the body. Just slather it on and wipe it down? Let it set then sand it down? Something other?? I'm tossing up between Coolongatta gold or Bushfire like yours.
    Cheerrs mate
    djefster
    Thanks djefster, i watered it down and mixed it to paste then put it on with a plastic paint scaper then sanded back before it got to hard i think i waited 2 hrs.the applied the stain the next day .
    Be careful of the maple top and sanding its thin as paper, the es2v is a nice guitar mines really nice to play

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Barnes View Post
    Thanks djefster, i watered it down and mixed it to paste then put it on with a plastic paint scaper then sanded back before it got to hard i think i waited 2 hrs.the applied the stain the next day .
    Be careful of the maple top and sanding its thin as paper, the es2v is a nice guitar mines really nice to play
    Thanks for that info Barnsey. I'll do a trial on my pine board tmrw. I'd love to attempt an ES2V one day. I have a few backed up now while I finish my Tele Thinline.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180111_202954~2.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	331.5 KB 
ID:	24054 sounds great around the campsite

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Nice
    _______
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Realy nice, all these sweet GR's. Add another one to the wishlist.
    #1 LP1-SS
    #2 Non PB Vintage Strat Rebuild
    #3 TL1 - Custom
    #4 ES-12G (now converted to ES-1)
    #5 RC4
    #6 STA-1HT
    #7 Non PB 52 Tele replica
    #8 Coming Soon: 1970's Japanese Les Paul Special Resto.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

I need some help here guys, the earth from the bridge had snapped of, ive fixed that but now ive got buzzing it stops when i push a string onto the pickup screws. I've got no idea about electronics though I'm trying to learn. Some help would be greatly appreciated

I had to pull the bushell out it had broken 5mm down the wire snapped ofclean

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast