Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aer's Punk Precision Bass

I'm assuming i should use acrylic over rattle can. i reckon its the way to go but i'll do a solid white (I'm going for a Paul Simonon type of thing) I'm also contemplating a light relicing but we will see how it all comes along. could you take me along the basics of spraying the acrylic?
    Last edited by AerGuitar; 17-11-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Do you an air compressor or access to one ? Probably best to work out what you’re going to need before hand and weigh up if it’s going to be worth it. You can get acrylic in rattle cans anyway so it’s more of a convenience thing if you don’t have all the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Richy17 View Post
    Do you an air compressor or access to one ? Probably best to work out what you’re going to need before hand and weigh up if it’s going to be worth it. You can get acrylic in rattle cans anyway so it’s more of a convenience thing if you don’t have all the gear.
    I've got an Air Compressor sitting in the corner of my garage but i think i would rather use rattle cans.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AerGuitar View Post
    I'm assuming i should use acrylic over rattle can. i reckon its the way to go but i'll do a solid white (I'm going for a Paul Simonon type of thing) I'm also contemplating a light relicing but we will see how it all comes along. could you take me along the basics of spraying the acrylic?
    The acrylic is in a rattle can. Really the basics are covered on the can instructions, but generally speaking:

Make sure the surface is clean.

Don't spray in excessively hot or cold weather or when there is a lot of humidity or wind around.

Do light, even coats in opposing directions allowing a few minutes for it to 'flash off' in between and build it up slowly.

Give it plenty of time to dry.

It's one of those things where you really just need to practice. Don't be too worried if you get a run or something, you can always sand back and re-coat, but if you are getting runs it's because you are being too heavy handed and putting the coats on too thick. As I mentioned it's pretty forgiving if you are patient and build up a sufficient coat to sand back and polish up.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2